Bionic Commando - Area 5 'Bond' Remix

Gario

The names Commando... Bionic commando...

Hey all, got some music for ya! I noticed that there isn't enough Bionic commando music, so I am taking a shot at something new, here. This is the music from Area 5 in BC, or level 3, if you prefer. Stylistically, I'm trying to make it sound like the soundtrack from a James Bond movie... it might be a bit too much 'Bond' for OC right now, but I'll make tweaks before calling it complete.

BTW, this is a WIP around 1/3 - 1/2 done, so if it sounds incomplete... its because it is :P

Comments are appreciated, thanks!

http://www.savefile.com/files/1866702

Hmm... definitely james bond like, maybe a little bit too much like you said...

You have very good samples IMO though, production seems pretty good.

I'm not familiar with the source, but I recognize it.

Um... not much to say, I'll comment further on it when/if you post an update.

BTW, the file is large considering the length of the file, try and change that, OCR don't accept files over 8MB last I checked.

OK EVERYONE...

I've changed the server AND lowered the file size. Supposedly box.net is a pretty good server, so I hope there are no more problems with the dl process anymore...

I admit that the file didn't change that much from the last post, but it seems no one could listen to it, anyhow, so here it is again.

http://www.box.net/shared/n0ttuqhboc

Til' next time, and comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Now that's a download time I'm willing to sit through!

On to my first impressions:

This isn't so much a "Bond Remix" of the Area 5 song as it is slathering the James Bond theme song all over the slow bits of a perfectly good Bionic Commando song. More specifically, you didn't take the James Bond theme style and apply it to a Bionic Commando song but you took the whole damn theme song and inserted chunks of it. The Bionic Commando part doesn't even use the Bond-y instrumentation, although it goes well enough beside one.

You need to take most of the already-from-James-Bond-movies materials out, since the movies (at least the ones that I've seen) never alter the main theme. The stuff 1:59 through the end is more of what I think you're looking for.

No source link. :(

Yep, I think it's to much 007 in this. Then again, just changing the notes' pitch might be enough, move them around. The 1:10 bit is way too 007 tho, so you'd have to rework that part.

The instrumentation isn't the problem tho, nor is the style. Like Spakku said, you've inserted chunks of the 007 theme, and that won't work for OCR. In case Spakku's comments make it seem that way, let me clarify it: changing the overall style to 007-esque is not the problem. It's the actual 007 melodies that are. Rewrite those to be based on the BC source instead, or get rid of them. That's if you're gonna try to get this on OCR.

Technically, it sounds pretty good. Sounds a bit old, tho, but that might actually be a good thing with something like this. :D

Oops!

Sorry, I forgot this isn't the common BC song, so here's the source here.

http://www.box.net/shared/hh4du65kzs

As I said on my first post here, I personally agree that this is not OC material because of the direct quotations. However, I do need to address that the harmonies are DIRECTLY from the source, if you listen to it; it sounds like a direct Bond quote because I purposely used the same instrumentation as the Bond series (which is perfectly within the OC limits, I believe). The only direct quotes that don't correspond to BC at all are the Guitar (which I am debating right now as what I'm gonna do with it) and some of the background WWs and brass in 0:30 - 0:43 and 1:39 - 1:59.

But ya, I do agree that some of it may be a bit too... Bond... right now. Its an active WIP - I'm still working on it :) Hopefully with the source you can here this, too.