Mega Man 3 - Spark Man

MikeH

Interesting, and sounds well mixed. I'm not too fond of the drums, tho, hihats sound a bit heavy on their mids, not high enough, and the kick doesn't quite fit into the electronic soundscape you've otherwise got.

It's also very repetitive, slowly opening/closing filters or other automation could mask that. I'm not familiar with source, but if GeckoYamori says you need more arrangement to get it on OCR, I'll just echo that.

Still, cool stuff.

I'm with Saron on this one, I think you know their product better than they do.

I can't quite describe it; I can hear the leads...smiling.

Everything sounds vaguely cheesy and over-digitized, but then it's supposed to, isn't it?

I think the main problem is repetition, it still sounds like background music. Damn fine background music, but still in the background.

You've got an interesting problem with this song. If I took 0:30-1:45 out and placed it in a playlist with the tracks from Mega Man Anniversary Collection, it would sound right at home, and for all intents and purposes, it's perfect for such an experiment. As a ReMix, it really needs more arrangement, as has been indicated before.

For the record, whether or not it ends up on OCR, I for one absolutely love it.

Cool song! Yes, it sounds very digitalized and lightweight, pretty 80's. The snare is thin, very mid-range/treble heavy, but it fits with the style. The only things I have to say have already been said: pan the instruments more for a wider stereo field, and perhaps throw a bridge or something in there to really lift the song. I dig how you made sort of a Roland concept remix here.