Looking for a remixer to help with development project

Johannes_von_Luck

Hey everybody,

I just want to say that I've been a huge fan of OC Remix ever since I first picked it up. I listen to a lot of the mixes on the site as I code, and can identify a good number of them within the first few beats. =)

I've always loved some of the style that some of the remixers here put into their songs, and that is why I was going to come here, and hopefully without making a total jackass of myself, ask if somebody might be interested in helping out a small Indie game development team attempting to make a game for the iPhone/iPod Touch.

You see... I don't want, at all, to make anybody here feel as though I'm saying "need musics now, thxs" - I assure you that is not the case, not at all. I wouldn't be posting here if I thought that I would only get flames in reply. The development cycle we have laid out is now just starting, and I am hoping to secure some talent early on.

However, do note that this is a paid project - as long as the project comes to completion and starts making money. Depending on how much effort I can offer a fixed sum or, if warranted, profit sharing. More detailed discriptions of payment and such can be supplied later.

Currently we have a small team of about 5 or so guys. I will be graduating this December with my M.S. in Computer Science, along with 3 other programming friends I've worked with while in school helping out part-time. I have another great friend of mine, a 3D artist from Sweden, helping doing the artwork at full-time. He's done plenty of modding and independent artistry work for a variety of different projects in the past, including some of mine.

This is now my third major project that I've worked on and have led. I can supply screenshots and such of prior work, if that is at all an issue. I've also worked professionally as a programmer for military-based 3D applications and a few different software companies around the way.

We're looking for somebody who would like to get their name out. Being Indies ourselves, we know first hand what the playing field looks like, and how competitive things are. Personally, I feel that there is a lot of un-tapped talent out there, with the corporate mongol's nose up in the air and unable to see some of the great work that new players to the game are capable of.

That's one of the big reason I love OC Remix, and hope maybe somebody out there might be interested in helping out. I would love to have a great theme song to be shipped out. =)

I can be reached via e-mail at jonathan.wolf _AT_ gmail.com, or via MSN messenger at jonathanw _AT_ hotmail.com.

Thanks for your time,

Johannes von Luck

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

However, do note that this is a paid project - as long as the project comes to completion and starts making money. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Very important point right there, most people around here are really skeptical about any projects actually coming to completion, and for good reason too as VERY few actually do get finished. I'm not certain, but I'd imagine you're going to have to prove that this is going to finish before getting too many applicants. Also, since this is an indy game for an iphone I can't imagine you'd need too much music ahead of time right?