RELEASE -album - Retro Remixes

WillRock

Ok, here is a link to all my first remixes. These remixes are old, and not made for OCR, and therefore the production and arrangment are not up to OCR standards. Some are not even arrangements and are remixes, but there are some rearrangements in there, so do take these things into account when you listen to these tracks.

However, the tracks all have original names, and do not state the original song, or the game, but the games remixed here include games from the Sonic, Mario, LoZ, Castlevania, and street fighter series. Some of these have been on the WIP and have been uploaded to various sites, so you may already know a few tracks :P

Comments and feedback are welcome, but like I said before, do take into account that these remixes are finished works and will not be revised. Thanks, here is the link.

http://www.last.fm/music/Willrock07/Retro+Remixes

Make sure to add me as an artist in your last.fm profiles, and download any tracks you like, they are all free :D

Not to be rude, but you were asking for feedback so I thought I'd get it off my chest.

There is so little difference between the tracks I listened to and the source material that it seems almost pointless to make them. It's clear that you appreciate the tracks and want to bring more to them, you just don't bring much more to them.

They sound good, although they're a little on the midi side, you just don't seem to have done a whole lot to them.

Not to be rude, but you were asking for feedback so I thought I'd get it off my chest.

There is so little difference between the tracks I listened to and the source material that it seems almost pointless to make them. It's clear that you appreciate the tracks and want to bring more to them, you just don't bring much more to them.

They sound good, although they're a little on the midi side, you just don't seem to have done a whole lot to them.

Its cool man, I asked for your feedback and you provided it. You that, I thank you :D

However the criticisms you state I am already aware of and stated them myself in my first post. Do take into account that these were my first remixes and I was learning the basics then. My original intention wasn't for the tracks to be arrangements anyway.

Sorry if you feel that you had to comment and point out the flaws, I was just a little put out that no one had any feedback at all. Of course, IMO bad feedback is better than no feedback.

Doki Doki Mario is pretty good. It has parts where it strays from the original, but for the most part it seems to be a bit too reliant on it. Also, unless there's something drastically different in the background, I'd stay away from using the NES-sound. The reason I'd want to hear a remix is to hear the song as if it weren't on the NES ;)

Still, overall it's decent. I see potential in you, young Willrocker.