FF9 You're not alone remix WIP/Finished (?)

Lindar

far from finished, sorry Lindnar :(

the Judges want songs that are actual "rearrangements" of the source material. In other terms, they want some original notes in there as well. You'll see that most current OCR remixes...though kinda trite and hackneyed some may be; sound different than the originals, not by too much but enough to be an over clocked remix.

Hope that clarifies things for ya :)

Hey a Lindar remix.

Well, not really remix. You pasted beats on top of the accelerated original. I'm sorry, but this clearly is NO remix. You should try and give it your own ideas. Add some stuff to it. This is too simplistic for even myself, and i'm quickly satisfied. ;)

Ok, it's better... But still far from being good. I'm sorry if i sound so harsh, but this new remix you made sounds pretty much like a midi rip. Secondly, it's poorly equalized and mastered. (it clips like hell)

And last but not least, the synths used are too bland. You need to vary your scores more.

I see you use FL studio for this. One tip: Add Maximus in your mixers' Master channel and set the preset to Clear Master RMS. It will fix the clipping.

Yup, it's clipping and it still sounds like a midi sound upgrade. With drums.

I think you should start a new project where you write parts of the source track from memory and put them together in a new way. Read this essay by DarkeSword about how to get a balanced remix. Read zircon's production tutorials (guides&tutorials forum).

Might seem like we're coming down hard on you, but OCR is about rearrangements, and this isn't one. Even without making the progression much different from its source there's still a lot you can do. Work on your writing. Listen to remixes and compare them to their respective sources and see how the remixers have changed them. Listen to the writing, the sample/synth choices, the overall mood, etc. Learn from them. Play with your program. Experiment. See what you learn.

I wish you luck, kaveri.