OCR01773 - Banjo-Kazooie "Malevolent Mansion"

djpretzel

Hey, I never post here, but I just wanted to say how glad I was to finally see another Banjo-Kazooie remix on this site, and how much I was impressed by it.

At first I was a little skeptical when I found out it was another MMM remix, but changed my mind instantly after the first few seconds.

It reminded me of Protricity's Zombies Ate My Neighbors remix or maybe his Assembly Line Apparitions.

Umm, yeah well anyway you two be sure to make more remixes, lol

Really awesome to hear another interpretation of this piece. Nice work, really like where you've taken the track. Everything really cranks up the energy, especially the drums and guitar.

My favorite section has to be from 2:30ish to 3:10ish . The arpeggiated feel, along with the drop out of the guitar breaks up the action without losing intensity.

I feel like the song gets a little long due to the lack of change in the intensity. It's so energetic throughout, I feel like I start to lose focus by the end. It's pretty minor, though.

Nice take on the theme overall, good work guys.

More Banjo! Hell yeah! Seeing as MMM is one of my favorite VG songs, I'm super stoked to see another mix of it. I'm actually really surprised it worked in a DnB setting, while not deviating from the original progression. I would have never thought of going that route, but you 2 dudes pulled it off really well. So... *Jiggy fanfare*

Rockin' remix! Very well done, guys. I like that I instantly recognized where the song came from in the game and that the memories of playing this game immediately came flooding back. I can't wait to drive around to this and rock out even more. I also can't wait for Nuts & Bolts. This is getting me pumped up for the new game.

EDIT: oops, this is Hale-Bopp :)

The speedy parts are definitely reminiscent of Pendulum, but I have to say that I like this here way more than the stuff Pendulum has been putting out (somewhat) recently. It gets to the point without wasting 1+ minute on the intro, and the breakdowns are really fun thanks to the quirky source tune. The guitar playing complements the song perfectly, though I wish there would be more of the awesome that is the guitar playing after 4:20.

Nice work; a song going straight into your ear and not leaving it for quite a while. I hope to hear more from you guys in the future.

Too silly for me, but I really liked how it came in. It is good music, even though I could not appreciate the hyperactive silliness, but never mind my opinion on that part. The only thing I felt could have been better was this: transition. It is good to jump in/out of a sequence quickly (at times), but if too often (or done in a way that isn't smooth), it'll scare people. Maybe that was the attempt.

This one made me log in for the first time in over a year, just to post one review. Listened to it, fell in love with it. Sounds to me like Trans-Siberian decided to do Banjo-Kazooie. Just something special about the seamless mix of electronics and heavy metal. I would love to hear it live.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01773 - Banjo-Kazooie "Malevolent Mansion"