Elder Scrolls DnB WIP

OneUp

It's good but it feels a bit empty. It loses energy quite quickly and at times it sounds like theres no shuffle or ghosts in between the snares you could have layered some nice breaks over those drums to make them sound more continuous and add more shuffle. I was expecting very elaborate drum programming after the panning the effects at the intro (which make you almost dizzy). Whatever that is in between the snares at around the time after 2:30 i dont think it fits very well and also i think if you were going to do something like that you should have started your drums off like it. really nice bass at 2:35+ though. I really like the pause at 2:21 its good, a great oppurtunity to drop in with the drums and a heavy bassline, but it was wasted with a pointless gap of lost drum loops wondering what to do next.

Overall I think its really good but you should layer an eq'd out break add more hats and get some shuffle in the drums. more diverse patterns. Just thought i'd comment because you havnt got any feedback.

What a bizarre mix! I loved this from the original and I'm surprised and impressed to see it remixed here so thoroughly. In fact, one of the things I miss about Elder Scrolls 3 and 4 is the lack of situational music, for example, music that changes when you decide to lockpick somebody's door at night.

Clearly the style is different so forgive me on this, but there's some things I miss from the source. The key changes from the source really give a sense of suspense and drama, and further there's a "bridge" near the end of the source that does well to loop the whole thing back to the beginning. If your mix were to do these things, I think it could feel a lot fuller and more interesting to listen to.

Thanks for mixing this, it's unfortunate how many great tunes in games go un-mixed since their midi days, and this one is a great example.

Good stuff. Like the beats and the bass. Good processing and mastering on both. The comment about shuffle and gosts is not necessarily valid. There are plenty of dnb tunes out there that go for the same approach as oneup is using here. Still, this needs a little something more to it. Arrangement needs to be fleshed out a little more and drums, well, if you ask me, you need to "cut 'em up like regular chicken" closer to the end to make it interesting.