RIP Michael Crichton

big giant circles

Bummer. He was a great writer, and Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies. :-(

Michael Crichton, who helped create the TV show "ER" and wrote the best-sellers "Jurassic Park," "The Andromeda Strain," "Sphere" and "Rising Sun," has died in Los Angeles, his public relations firm said in a news release.

Crichton died unexpectedly Tuesday "after a courageous and private battle against cancer," the release said.

He was 66.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/books/11/05/obit.crichton/index.html

I was saddened to hear about that. I've read Jurassic Park, The Lost World (JP2), Sphere, a little bit of Congo (It was too boring for my taste, but I did enjoy the movie), Timeline, and The Great Train Robbery.

Crichton had a penchant for detail, and absolutely loved applying his scientific knowledge into his books, and it's always a pleasure to read them.

I may start reading Jurassic Park again this week.

Damn, Crichton was my favorite writer. I've read pretty much every single one of his books (well, the fiction ones at least). So sad right now, and I was so looking forward to whatever his next book might have been. So the only living author who I enjoying reading now is Dan Brown...

Holy shit... michael chrichton is dead...

he was one of my favorite authors.

god this sucks

My favorite authors:

[x] Douglas Adams

[x] Michael Chrichton

[ ] Robert Ludlum better not die goddamit

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Robert Ludlum died back in 2001...