Legend Of Zelda: Links Awakening WIP - Waking The Fish - Finished? (16/01/09)

WillRock

If you remove the drums and slow it down you could just call it ambient, lol.

Maybe (venturing worryingly into off topic again :P) But I don't wish to change this one too drastically, not to mention I Intend this to be an ocr mix, not an album mix.

I'll see. I have dabbled in ambient styles before, but I'm not changing the style of my ballad of the wind fish remix.

I have an idea for a track I wish to take for the project, but I'll wait a little, get more important stuff done first.

Well, this one has taken me a bloody while, i've torn my hair out more than once with this one, but it is finally at a state where I think it is complete

However, crits are welcome, god knows you'll all have some... you always do :D

Waking The Fish (Trance Remix)

I'm still not so sure about the kick. Its bassyness is better, but... uh, I feel its impact on the top of its range (like.. low-mid range) is drowning/overpowering out and distracting me from some other stuff, in some way. Some guitar synth parts sound like they're losing their lows, maybe be caused by el kicko basso grande, or perhaps your limiter/compressor is working differently now because of that kick (I have yet to tinker too much with limiting and compressing, so I might be wrong here)? Like around 2:44-2:51 when the synth gets real active, the kick doesn't sit well with me, somehow.

If it wouldn't be too tedious, or all-fuckingly-disastrous, could you perhaps try a version with just the old kick, to compare?

...Er, moving on from the kick.

I do like the piano + lead idea, definitely feeling it; I think it adds some mood to the piece, kinda somber or mellow maybe?

I still wish someone else would give feedback because I'm running on empty and I can't really advise you too much mastering and production-wise. It would be like the blind leading the not-blind. And that's hardly productive.

• 2 months later...

I like the intro a lot with the melody chiming in. The kick sounds good to me, though I would suggest more oomph. Your piano parts really brighten the mix and open up the soundscape, as it does sound more compact than I would prefer (especially around 1:47-2:01 where I wish there was more emphasis on the lead). The change around 2:15 is fantastic. Things do get a little muddy around 2:45 (though I love that part), the bass pattern feeling like it needs to stand out a little better (maybe throughout).

Overall, though, the mix is great. And, while that's not very helpful, I can't hear any other issues.