Political OC ReMix!

Son of Suns

Hi. I'm a frequent visitor and have downloaded a ton of awesome VG remixes from this site...so you would imagine my surprise when a remix appeared as background music in a campaign video for a local judicial candidate in my hometown of Saint Paul, Minnesota!

The video is on YouTube:

and on her website: http://gailchangbohrforjudge.com/ .

The song is "Hyrule Party Mix" by NoppZ, based on music from Zelda 64. It's so odd that a video game remix from this site appeared in a local campaign video. What do y'all think of this?

Oh, by the way she won.

Well, considering there was no credit to the artist, or the site, that's pretty shitty. Nice that she won, for her or whatever, but that still doesn't change the fact that she, or rather, the people who made the ad, failed to give credit.

Yeah well, I'm not really sure what else to say, or what could be done, but I guess that's moot at this point. Anyone else have any ideas?

Guys.

GUYS.

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS MEANS?

If she found this track herself (admittedly she might not have) that probably means she found this site too. If she thought it was good enough to be on her video, that means she's interested. If she's interested, she might join the forums.

If she joins the forums, we have a judge, a judge of a court of law; in our pockets.

IN OUR POCKETS.

This is going to be so awesome. We can have a thread of requests for crazy shit that she should do during sessions, and as long as we all move to whatever that place was, we will be able to get away with ANYTHING.

Um... technically speaking, she just used a piece of copyrighted material*, without crediting, in a political advertisement... and she wanted to be a judge?!?!

Personally, I'm surprised she won. This is a really boring video, with the exception of the music. I'm more inclined to believe the music was added on later by someone else...

* - The copyrights belong to the game makers, we have only arranged them, which is why OCR can't sell it's music without being in copyright infringement...

Funny that it was a campaign to be a judge.

Because the selection process is not open, candidates who feel they may be qualified to become a judge are discouraged from lobbying judges to obtain a position on the panel.

Um... technically speaking, she just used a piece of copyrighted material*, without crediting, in a political advertisement... and she wanted to be a judge?!?!

Personally, I'm surprised she won. This is a really boring video, with the exception of the music. I'm more inclined to believe the music was added on later by someone else...

* - The copyrights belong to the game makers, we have only arranged them, which is why OCR can't sell it's music without being in copyright infringement...

She won, eh? :nicework: NoppZ gave her the edge.

Personally, I'm surprised she won. This is a really boring video, with the exception of the music.

Boring video? It's a political ad for a local district judge, of course it's gonna be boring. Haha.

Yeah, Ms. Bohr (no pun intended) defeated her opponent by about 8,000 votes (or four percentage points). She probably won because she got the endorsement of Walter Mondale, who is kind of a big deal in Minnesota - former vice president, two-time senator, and the DFL presidential candidate in the 1984 election (Minnesota is the only state that went blue that year).

Then again, maybe the music won the election...

Because the selection process is not open, candidates who feel they may be qualified to become a judge are discouraged from lobbying judges to obtain a position on the panel.

On the other hand it would continue OCR's tradition of choosing judges that nobody has ever heard of. :D

Edit: Holy cow 14 siblings?? She could have her own TLC show!