NEW pixietricks holiday album!

Jillian Aversa

Hi guys! I know I haven't been posting as often around here as of late, but OCR is still very much in my thoughts. I'm always lurking... :<

So what have I been up to lately? Well, like a mad scientist I disappeared into the laboratory for a while to work on my masterful new creation! It's true. I locked myself away from the world - shunning food and almost all forms of human contact (with the obvious exception of zircon) - in order to bring you....

Through Sand and Snow

throughsandsmall.jpg

Release Date: November 25th, 2008

Preorders Available: TODAY, at JillianGoldin.com!

Price: A modest $9.99

Songs Included:

* Prelude

* I Wonder As I Wander

* What Child Is This? (a.k.a. Greensleeves)

* God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen

* Walking In the Air (from the classic animated film "The Snowman")

* Silent Night

...Woo hoo! So what are you waiting for? Preorder a copy, and ensure that you are among the first to receive the new album! :D

Now for some more good news: in anticipation of the holiday season, I have set up all sorts of discounts and specials offers for both CD releases. With every copy of Through Sand and Snow that you preorder, you'll also receive a complimentary gift card featuring the winter song "Walking In the Air." You can pass it on to a loved one... or even send it out with your holiday cards this year, for that extra special touch. It's a beautiful winter song (non-demoninational), so anyone can enjoy it!

dlcardsmall.png

This gift card offer also applies if you preorder Through Sand and Snow with a copy of Origins, in the 2-CD Combo Pack deal. :>

And finally, both CDs are now set up to offer discounts in bulk - so you will automatically get 2-4 dollars off each additional CD that you buy!

I know how hectic the holiday season can be, and that is largely why I was inspired to start this project in the first place. For Andy and I, it has been a whirlwind of music-making, track-mixing, and hair-splitting... But the result? A breath of fresh (albeit cold) air. ^-^

Ahhh, thanks for the warm reception! I'm glad you're liking the previews, and Wes: yeah, I've heard the nightwish cover of Walking In the Air. It's such a great song that I couldn't resist... :>

By the way, who did the cover art this time? It looks phenomenal. You did the art for Origins, correct?

* Walking In the Air (from the classic animated film "The Snowman")

Oh wow, I had no idea that song was from a Christmas movie. The only place I've encountered it is on Nightwish's Oceanborn album; they do a wonderfully evocative cover. Hope your version can stand out after hearing it done so well. ^^

I don't usually buy holiday albums, though, since it's akin to hearing Terra remixed for the millionth time. I'll have to think about it.

This guy's done matte painting for Fallout 3 promos! What a great choice.

Yeah, isn't he incredible? I really lucked out... Since he works for a big design firm, normally they would charge in the thousands for something like this. But as it turns out, he is a big fan of New Age/chillout music! So after listening to my stuff, he liked it so much that he offered to treat it as a personal project! And of course, he's getting signed copies of all my albums for the rest of his life. :>

Yeah, isn't he incredible? I really lucked out... Since he works for a big design firm, normally they would charge in the thousands for something like this. But as it turns out, he is a big fan of New Age/chillout music! So after listening to my stuff, he liked it so much that he offered to treat it as a personal project! And of course, he's getting signed copies of all my albums for the rest of his life. :>

haha, it's good to have strings to pull! :-D

Ahh Walking in the Air...I always think of Nightwish when I think of that song now (they covered it early in their career).

Nice to see another album though - preordered!

When I saw Walking In The Air was on this album, it made me instantly think of this.