OverClocked Hero: A Possibility?

JackKieser

By now, I'm sure many of you have either bought or played GH:WT. I was listening to a few metal mixes from OC (including Neko's ballin' Wily WIP), and I was just wondering what people would think of a GH:WT custom song project featuring mixes from the site. I'm sure a lot of people would love to play some of the songs from OCRemix's library without hacking their systems (al la GH2) and with such a user base, I'm sure a well-organized project would take off quickly and powerfully. Especially if the community voted on a list of popular songs and got help from the song's arrangers.

Discuss.

By now, I'm sure many of you have either bought or played GH:WT. I was listening to a few metal mixes from OC (including Neko's ballin' Wily WIP), and I was just wondering what people would think of a GH:WT custom song project featuring mixes from the site. I'm sure a lot of people would love to play some of the songs from OCRemix's library without hacking their systems (al la GH2) and with such a user base, I'm sure a well-organized project would take off quickly and powerfully. Especially if the community voted on a list of popular songs and got help from the song's arrangers.

Discuss.

As arrangements of copyrighted works, would OC Remixes be allowed on GHWT?

Hard to really say as Sephire put it. I mean, Frets on Fire has a few OC/Video game cover songs, but for this game, unless you sent it through as a package to a friend, then maybe it would.

Then again, I've barely played GHWT, mostly because I like Rock Band 2 better. And because I'm pretty much sick of these music games.

Stupid market is being over run with them.

Oh the irony, after how touted it was too.

I know."It features the same versatility as Apple's GarageBand" which should have really been the hint that it sucked :P

Lead guitar can only play six notes?

Rhythm guitar can only have one type of effect and only one scale?

Keyboard is supposed to be a placeholder for vocals?

The drums are the only decent part of the custom song studio.

Its great for anyone who doesn't know shit about music.

Anyway, I would love to see this, but I would love to see it as actual songs and not the custom bullshit thats in GHWT.

while I appreciate the effort of the person who made that TIB track for GH, he did a pretty poor job of lining up the notes. There's a section where the pattern should go 2-1-2-3-2-1-2-3. He has it going 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4.

I'd like to see the Ken Song put up by someone who knows how to make a decent and difficult track. That would be good enough for a release version of GH in my opinion.

while I appreciate the effort of the person who made that TIB track for GH, he did a pretty poor job of lining up the notes. There's a section where the pattern should go 2-1-2-3-2-1-2-3. He has it going 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4.

I don't know if it applies in this case, but some GH tabbers prefer to make the notes fit the actual fret positions as opposed to going by where they are relative to each other like on a piano.

I don't know if it applies in this case, but some GH tabbers prefer to make the notes fit the actual fret positions as opposed to going by where they are relative to each other like on a piano.

I see your point. I guess 'cause I'm used to playing on a piano more than a guitar that I see it that way. However, pretty much every track that comes with the guitar hero games seems to fit the piano better than the guitar-fret positions.

Specifically for TIB, I still think he didn't quite get it right, even using the fret positions.