OCR01775 - Street Fighter II "Sexxy Thai Guy"

djpretzel

Great chill song, but doesn't do it for me in terms of arrangement. All the elements that made the original so great are gone, replaced by a completely different song that slightly follows the originals bassline. In terms of production it's good, I would have taken care to keep the low mids of the guitars under control, but otherwise good. But the arrangement doesn't meet the 50/50 rule OCR seems to hold so dear.

But the arrangement doesn't meet the 50/50 rule OCR seems to hold so dear.

Nah, the original is used more than half the time: melody, countermelody and bassline.

:39-1:13 - bassline

1:14.5-1:32 - melody, bassline

1:32-1:49 - melody, bassline, countermelody

1:49-1:57 - bassline

2:34-2:51 - bassline, countermelody

2:51-3:08 - melody, bassline

3:09-3:26 - countermelody

3:26-3:36 - liberal melody

3:40-3:46 - liberal melody

There was also the very light sustained string in the background, starting at 1:14, mimicking the sustained string in the original.

The irony of Mustin getting this criticism after he's done it to other tracks here isn't lost on me. :lol:

I had to back and listen to the original for this one. I'm not all that familiar with Sagat's music, but having reviews both the mix and the source material, I love what you've done here Mustin. It is, like everyone says, extremely funky. A solid mix, and in my top five "Songs I could listen to for hours on repeat without killing someone". Good Job.

Nah, the original is used more than half the time: melody, countermelody and bassline.

:39-1:13 - bassline

1:14.5-1:32 - melody, bassline

1:32-1:49 - melody, bassline, countermelody

1:49-1:57 - bassline

2:34-2:51 - bassline, countermelody

2:51-3:08 - melody, bassline

3:09-3:26 - countermelody

3:26-3:36 - liberal melody

3:40-3:46 - liberal melody

There was also the very light sustained string in the background, starting at 1:14, mimicking the sustained string in the original.

The irony of Mustin getting this criticism after he's done it to other tracks here isn't lost on me. :lol:

Sorry, timestamps don't make your text true. This is way below 50/50 in terms of preserving the original.

What a strange little mix this is. The first few times I listened to it, I thought that it is way too liberal. But before I knew it, I would wake up in the morning, humming the tune to myself.

Other than that, the overall smoothness of the song is wonderful, and it's definitely going on my jazzy/chill-out remix playlist.

It took some time to grow on me, but now all I can say is "Well done, and thank you".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01775 - Street Fighter II "Sexxy Thai Guy"
  • 5 years later...