*NO* Guardian Legend 'Big, Blue and Round'

djpretzel

Post this mix?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Post this mix?

This would be a remix of that song that plays when you are talking to that big round blue character (see song title) in "The Guardian Legend" for NES.

This relatively short mix is techno with some powerful bass. Also I threw in a bunch of Arnold Swarzengger quotes for good measure. Don't ask why. I just did.

All of the song was made in Fruityloops 3.0

If this ends up getting posted you can post my e-mail.

-munky

Oooh, I'm horrible with style names, but I know that I like this style/genre.

*Dances, just a little.*

Hmm, it really could have done without the samples I think.

My personal opinion: Movie samples in music = suck.

Overall though, this is a really cool mix.

My only complaints are:

1) Length. I think it should/could be longer. Possibly. Or maybe I'm just being greedy because I liked the mix. :)

2) The part near the end with the repeated samples.

3) The movie samples overall made it slightly less than wonderful.

End result: Great mix. I vote yes.

Nice little synth stuff on this one. Pretty cool. I dont like the voice

samples though. They just seem too goofy and out of place. If they were

heavily distorted and this was a hardcore techno/industrial horror track

then yeah, they'd be right on the money, but as a light and bouncy

electronica dance type track they just dont feel right to me.

I love the beat, I love the bass! The samples though - errrrrrrrr.......maybe not. If this was a terminator remix, I'd understand, but the samples don't work in there, they really don't.

I'm not sure what I should vote because I really like the tune. *listens again*

RRRRR, ok then, I vote no. Take the samples out, and then I would have said yes.

Sounds pretty good to me. Very well developed - adds enough each time through the melody to keep it interesting. The only complaints I have are the clap is pretty dry, but it doesn't detract from the mix as much as it could. And I could have done without the repetitive voice samples. Once or twice is good, but it gets annoying if its repeated too much. But a nice mix overall, well deserving of a yes.

yeah I can see what everyone's talking about now. Even if the samples just occured once or twice instead of as much as they did I could take it. The mix is solid other than the ridiculous samples. They really didn't have anything to do with the song either. Seems like they were just sitting around on the computer and he thought "hey this fits here." but no. It only fit like the first time, and then after that it got annoying. I heard it the first time and I was like "that's not so bad" and then it did it again, and again, and again, and I thought "yes, that IS so bad." So yeah maybe just mute the sample channels in FL3.0 and resubmit. I think that sounds like a good idea. DON'T YOU???

yes you do

DC

oooooooooooo, I get the tie breaking vote! :twisted:

*cracks knuckles*

No. And here's why...

The samples. Personally, I have no qualms with voice samples in a mix. Even if they make no sense (i.e. Wizards & Warriors "Mighty Potion"'s "WRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARRRRRR! Peanut, peanut, peanut, peanut!"). But here they were over used. WAY over used. The mix itself was OC quality. Everyone who voted no did so due to the samples. My advice? Lose the samples, resubmit. It's a shoe-in.

Edit: I would have emailed the guy to deliver the bad news, but no email address was given to us, so I guess you've got the honors on this one, Pretz. :D

oooooooooooo, I get the tie breaking vote! :twisted:

Edit: I would have emailed the guy to deliver the bad news, but no email address was given to us, so I guess you've got the honors on this one, Pretz.

- can you still email him?

Done. If all goes well, hopefully he'll send a version w/o those Schwartzenegger samples in there and it'll be posted. *relocking*