Try to get me to buy your album

Sinewav

So I just got a new job and I feel like spending some money. I was thinking that finally trying to catch up on that long list of OCR artists' original albums might be a fun way to spend a little extra cash, as I've recently been jammin' to Audix's One Day Millennium... problem is, I don't really have a list, so I have no idea what consider. I can't even remember who has original material and who doesn't.

So show me what you've got. Maybe I'll send a little money your way.

Better way to spend money:

Buy the album Images And Words from Dream Theater. Best album ever made. If not that then Train of Thought by Dream Theater. That one's more accessible for those not used to DT yet.

Way to promote artists in the community. I thought you got banned.

Buy the album Images And Words from Dream Theater. Best album ever made. If not that then Train of Thought by Dream Theater. That one's more accessible for those not used to DT yet.

OP: "I want to support OCR artists!"

LUKE: "Fuck that! DREAM THEATER HNNNNGHHH"

Seriously? "Better way to spend money?" This guy wants to support up-and-coming artists here in the community, people we know, and you're telling him that it's better to buy from an already-successful band that's sold over two million albums?!

What is wrong with you? :whatevaa:

--

Oh yes: buy zircon's music. ALL OF IT.

You do realize that there are numerous forums for DT fanwankery? We get it, you like DT. If you want to discuss DT in great depth, do so somewhere else. Enough of us like them, but unlike you, most people here have fairly broad musical tastes, as well as reading comprehension enough to grasp the point of a thread before posting something in it. Not to mention that labeling any album the best album ever made is highly pretentious and subjective.

*sigh* A month was too short.

As for real suggestions, I'm going to add Inside Myself/Once Upon A Time by Destiny (Helen Trevillion), Origins and Through Sand and Snow by Pixietricks (Jillian Goldin), and Zircon's albums, especially Antigravity and The World Circuit.

My album is free, I'll even ship it to you free. It's fifteen (WOW 15!

8O) tracks of nothing but silence. It's so quiet you can't even see it in the case! Excellent for sleeping to :sleepzzz: or even just relaxing or meditating! Takes up minimal room on your hard drive or portable media device :razz:, is non-lincensed , and is actually promoted by the record company to be shared via your favorite p2p file sharing program :!:! Order today!

do I win yet?

As for real suggestions, I'm going to add Inside Myself/Once Upon A Time by Destiny (Helen Trevillion), Origins and Through Sand and Snow by Pixietricks (Jillian Goldin), and Zircon's albums, especially Antigravity and The World Circuit.

Inside Myself (besides having a highly amusing title), Once Upon A Time, and Origins are all excellent stuff. I haven't had a chance to listen to any of the previews for Through The Sand And Snow yet, but it's Jill, so it's awesome.

8 million actually. (nerdy, I know)

Most OCR artists' music is free anyway. And it was a joke >_>.

'course if you want bands you've never heard of I know plenty. Pain of Salvation, anyone?

How is that possibly a joke?

And read the original post. He's not asking for bands he's never heard of. He's asking for ALBUMS BY OCR ARTISTS. In case you didn't know, people posted to this site ALSO SELL ALBUMS OF ORIGINAL MUSIC. Is Pain of Salvation posted on this site?! IS DREAM THEATER POSTED ON THIS SITE?!

NO!

Stop SHILLING Dream Theater in nearly every single post you make! If you can't contribute something ON TOPIC, don't post!

Most OCR artists' music is free anyway.

There are a lot of artists whose music outside of their submissions to OCR is certainly _not_ free: off the top of my head, I can think of Audix, Destiny (no longer using that name AFAIK -- look for Helen Trevillion online sometime) sgx, Siamey, pixietricks, and zircon are all putting great music out there trying to make music professionally.

In addition to people making original pieces, there are plenty of professional level VG cover bands that are deserving of your money -- The OneUps and The Megas are the two I can come up with without wasting more time doing your research for you.

It's great that you've enjoyed their charitable contributions to OCR's database and your playlist as a result, but don't try to undercut anyone's hard work...especially people who have been around much longer than you have.

Hey, if you got a little left over pocket change from buying one of these fine albums....you can support this lil' non-remixer by commissioning artwork. =D

*wink wink nudge nudge*

Worth a shot.

Sindra.

SINDRA.

STOP WHORING OUT YOUR ARTISTIC TALENTS.

HE ASKED FOR MUSIC. NOT PICTURES. READ THE ORIGINAL POST.

GOD DAMN IT, SINDRA.

Sindra.

SINDRA.

STOP WHORING OUT YOUR ARTISTIC TALENTS.

HE ASKED FOR MUSIC. NOT PICTURES. READ THE ORIGINAL POST.

GOD DAMN IT, SINDRA.

Hey man, no need to yell. :(

Support local talent! >:\

-- EDIT:

[15:30] <+Sickboy> haahaha, archaon wins that thread

[15:30] <garian> haha yes

[15:30] <@Shariq> he does

[15:30] <@Shariq> that was a great follow up xD

Seriously though, my point is less about being on-topic and more about supporting OCR artists.

Even if that art is non-musical. :)