OCR01033 - *YES* Final Fantasy 8 'Fantasy Rush'

djpretzel

Here is the link to my newest work. I hope you guys like this a little better. I apologize if the songs seem a little short but I guess it’s just my style. I could loop it but it would seem aweful repetitive and would take away from the song. Im working as many as I can because this site is not just a place where many can hear remixes of others but, also a place I can get my name out for something I love doing. I hope you enjoy this, it’s from final fantasy 8. Little from the beginning and the end. If you can remember the part right before the blade comes and sticks in the ground you will remember aswell. Well I hope you like this. Maybe one day I’ll be good enough to join you on your projects. Take care. Let me know if u have anymore problems. I apologize but im kinda new to this -.-;

Marc Star

I'm gonna be honest here. I like this. I DON'T like the samples because (with the exception of the guitar and bass) they sound pretty .... low qual. I would like to see this done with higher quality samples, personally. I don't really see anything musically wrong with it, other than its being really short. The feel is nice and funky, but with the samples it's got, it doesn't really stand out. It reminds me of like, one of those movie "behind the scenes" things where they show you the 3-D model in action but without mapping, and it looks pretty dull, even though the final product turns out pretty sweet.

I don't know. I'm kind of torn on this one. The beat is nice. The bass is funky. I'd just like to hear an improvement in the quality of the other instruments. Hell, if you send me a pm, I'll see if I can't hook you up with some more realistic strings... I don't know. Maybe even some stereo effects or something. SOMETHING seems incomplete about this! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

I'll come back to this...

D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm definatly up there with Dan on this one. Very neat stuff going on,

but just not where it needs to be. I like that little lead, and the beat is a

very well used loop, chopped up in a few places and all that good stuff.

Definatly neat ideas going on, but the samples really need some sugar and

it's just sooo short.

NO, but please please get some higher quality samples and flesh this out

more :( (Does that sound like the Dune soundtrack by Toto at the end, or

is it just me?)

Hmmm... right away, I notice some issues with quality. It sounds like the EQing could use some work, and there's a high pitched squeal that I can notice quite easily...

This feels kind of empty to me... I mean, the strings don't really fill up much sonic space, and they seem kind of flat. And all of the elements combined seem to leave lots of air in the mix. It's not necessarily bad, though.

The guitar (guitar-ish synth?) closer to the end is really cool. The drum work is original and well thought-out, and the bass is wicked. Ending rocks, arrangement is solid... ehhhhh, more positive points than negative points on this one:

YES