Pokémon Crystal?

Xauriel

You know, the other night I was feeling kinda nostalgic and I decided to play through the Elite Four in Pokemon Crystal, and having finished the game and beaten said Four many times already, I was done pretty quickly. But just as I was about to switch off my GameBoy, the game credits started to roll, and I was suddenly reminded how much I loved that ending song! Some remix this gorgeous thing, or at least tell me where I can find the song, pleez! :<

Huh.

So what's the difference between linking to the soundtrack of a Game Boy game and linking to the soundtrack of, say, a PS2 game? Or have we been allowed to do both this whole time?

Well technically it's still illegal, but typically Game Boy games don't have official soundtracks you can buy so there's no harm in sharing them. SPC sets, especially for popular games like FF VI or Chrono Trigger, are more of a gray area, but I'm guessing the worst that could happen would be a cease & desist. In the case of PSF/PSF2/USF sets, you run into bandwidth and space issues on top of the fact that the list of ripped games is much less complete and that a lot of the ones that are ripped have commercial soundtracks.

Most of the songs are finalized and done, it's just a matter of getting the last three or four finished. I had someone that said they would do the webpage, but that was so long ago I don't remember who... and our artist is either dead or MIA or something.

We'd have to kidnap someone to polish up and color all te artwork, and then the site's mostly over and done with.

Huh.

So what's the difference between linking to the soundtrack of a Game Boy game and linking to the soundtrack of, say, a PS2 game? Or have we been allowed to do both this whole time?

You can't post links to sites that contain commercial OST downloads. Chances are if you're posting a link to the soundtrack of a PS2 game in MP3 format, the site has actual commercial soundtrack rips, both OST and Arranged. It doesn't matter if the particular download you're linking isn't commercial (i.e. it's a gamerip or something); the point is that OCR doesn't support or link to sites that provide commercial OST/arrange album rips.

Posting links to ripped game music formats like PSF2s for PS2 games is okay though.