New kid on the block with a question

Priestman

Alright I have been to this site many times in the past but I never cared enough to register or post on the forums. But now I'm older and I enjoy talking to people and supporting awesome communuties like this (I was a wee-bit of a shutin). I love ALL of the work on this site. Out of all the music I have on my computer from mainstream bands, my most listened to album is the Chrono Symphonic. I love you guys :D

I have a question tho. Do you guys make your own stuff as well? As in not just remixes but original stuff? Just wonderin because sometime in the future I may have a request for some original stuff. (I'm an amateur Animator and I prefer to have unique music rather than jackin songs from the internet).

Cool cool.

Thank ye and im glad to be apart of the community now :D

Despite how small of a part I am :D

Alright another question :D

What programs do you guys use to remix? If you don't use a program how do you go about your business? You don't have to give me a detailed answer...just something short, i dont wanna waste ur time!

I love it when people ask "what program" you use. It's like asking a mechanic what wrench he uses to fix cars. The sequencer is the main frontend, but there can be many components. In a modular sense, the sequencer in its basic form just tracks the MIDI data you put into it, and it offers tools to manipulate and manage that data. It's the synth plugins, sample libraries, hardware sound sources, and sometimes a very large and convoluted setup of networked computers to achieve the entire scope of someone's capacity to produce music - vis-a-vie, the "Studio." True, you can be entirely in one environment on one computer, in your favorite sequencer. I assume that's the "program" you are referring to?

In that case, there are many out there, some with lots of sound sources and effects included, some with few. So in a broader sense, it would be better to find out what sequencer someone uses, along with what virtual (and/or non-virtual) instruments they're using.

In addition, if you like the sound of some of your favorite tracks on OCR, PM the ReMixer and ask them what they used to produce it.

The sequencer was what I was referring to. I figured you couldn't produce those works of art with just one "easy-to-use" program :D

How do the products from using a single environment sound? Are they worth it? I would love to learn how to remix but pretty much the only resources I have available to me is my high-end comp, fast internet, and piracy. I have no money to spend unfortunately :(

Thanks!

--Ben--

Cool cool.

Thank ye and im glad to be apart of the community now :D

Despite how small of a part I am :D

Alright another question :D

What programs do you guys use to remix? If you don't use a program how do you go about your business? You don't have to give me a detailed answer...just something short, i dont wanna waste ur time!

Hey! Welcome to OCR Priestman! Nice to see some friendly n00bs :) Please make yourself at home. I use(d) ModPlug Tracker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ModPlug_Tracker), which according to some people is difficult to learn; this I disagree with. But maybe it's just me.