Flash Player issue with firefox

Maco70

I am running firefox version 3.0.4 with the most recent flash player update. Certain websites (Southpark studios, xbox.com) tell me I don't have flash player, while others (homestarrunner, armorgames) work fine. What gives?

I followed a trouble shooting guide: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Using+the+Flash+plugin+with+Firefox

But no results. It's kind of annoying to switch between Firefox and IE just for certain sites.

Any suggestions?

Well I'm using FF 3.0.4 and have the latest version of Flash (10 something) and everything works fine for me.

Do you have NoScript or any other kind of addon that blocks scripts that could be interfering?

If you can't figure it out I would highly suggest downloading the IE Tab addon, it lets you either choose to load a page using IE's engine inside of FF, or it lets you switch on the fly.

Yeah, I've been using the IE tab.

I guess I'll just deal with it. My computer is doing lots of stranger things than that recently anyway.

Vista 64?

I get the same shit. Lots of sites either say I have no flash, or an outdated version of flash installed. I have FF 3.0.4 and Flash 10r2 (or something similar I'm not at home so I can't check it now).

Create a new firefox profile and see if it works (do not delete the old one until you back up your bookmarks and related material)

run firefox.exe -ProfileManager from the run dialog to do open the profile manager

Just tried that, nothing happened.

Thanks for the suggestion though.