OCR01017 - Final Fantasy X "The Final Summoning"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

You know, this is one of the best songs ever made, not just remixes. The thing I love about it is that it tells a story, it isn't merely a piece of music. I can feel the struggle and the triumph and all of those cool things that should be in every piece. Anyways, fantastic work and it inspired me to make a music video.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very cool, the final aeon has finally gotten its own theme, and here it is! It´s jamming, thrashing, rocking and at some parts beautiful. Als o that the Hymn of the faith was into this was quite the surprise too, that´s a meloow song that fits with harps and possible flutes or somethin´, but not guitars!? And the other original tracks, I haven´t heard anything from the other reviewers, but if you think of the name to this remix, I believe it must be either the final battle music or the music to the battle with aeon-jecht. Or maybe it´s both, both of them kicks, so the result combining them could surely become this thing. Impossible? Not for Jared Hudson. Great work!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I love that metal bass and how it sticks around for the entire remix and it serves as an awesome undertone for all the different motifs. And the addition of the Song of the Fayth just adds that extra icing on the cake! This remix is unstoppable! It just keeps you on your feet the entire time and doesn't let off until the sudden ending. This is awesome stuff, Jared, keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the FFX remixes available, this is by far one of the best I've heard. I like how it has that very epic feel to it and actually has a theme of it's own and does not mimic any of the tracks in the OST (That I can think of anyway), with the exception of the Hyme of the Faythe in the background but that is not dominant enough to make it the theme of the song. Very well done.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There seems to be a lot of debate about this song and it's integrity, if that's the word I'm looking for.

Personally, I LOVE this mix! It is one of my favorites. It haunts you and stirs your blood all at once. Between this mix and Jeremy Robson's Philharmonic Suite Finale I have found myself with two favorites that I cannot stop playing over and over again.

Bravo!

• 1 month later...

Let me start by saying this mix is sic....

The intro is nice, i can see Yuna, Tidus, and my other, Luna walking into a temple as they come face to face with Sin. :40 i can see them getting ready to fight. Slowly Sin comes alive 1:09 the first blow is given. Blow after blow. One after another. Then 1:30 Yuna summons. 1:42 the first Aeon comes down. 1:57, lets say Bahamut, joins in the fight. One shot after another. Back and forth. The fight continues through 2:38. Bahamut is hit with a fatal blow, so Yuna summons another Aeon, Anima, and the fight continues at 3:26, health potions are used, characters are revived, a brutal fight. Then at 3:53 the tide changes and the last blows are given to Sin, one after another he begins to die. Then at 4:34 the final strike is given.

This mix is one of the best ones on here, by far.

• 2 months later...

I first listened to this remix about a year ago. at the time I didn't really give it much thought, though I used to come to OC Remix every now and then just to listen to it, as I liked the vocals. It was only when i actually started playing FFX -last week- that I realised how relevant it was. as soon as Yuna first mentioned the words 'final summoning' I thought wait a minute... thats the name of a remix so I came back, six months later, still remembering the name (which I rarely do, even on my favourite remixes here). Suffice to say thats a good thing. I adore this, I love how you've given the hymn of Fayth a more powerful and dynamic feel to it as I felt the original version lacked something - this delivered what I'd been missing. A fantastic remix and the ending couldn't have been more perfect. Wonderful.

• 3 years later...

This song was definitely one of my favorites when I first joined and started searching around for games I knew, and it still is among them. The choir (which really must've been a lot of work) fits well into the context and adds a whole layer of awesome to a source that deserves it.

Oh, and I blame you if this song starts playing my nightmares. :lol:

• 3 months later...

This remix is one of my favorite songs. I don't care much for the intro, the good stuff for me begins about a minute in. It's weird to say, but this song means a lot to me. I've had this song for over 4 years now and it's certainly on my most played list. It's helped me psych up and calm down, it's just a great mix of a great song. Highly recommended, thank you Jared :)

Edited by co298

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Okay, so a beefed up, harder-edged Song of Prayer is my kind of ReMix. Song of Prayer was a beautiful source and to give it an extra bit of rock and energy while adding in the original voices is awesome to me. I would have loved for this to have been playing during the Sin battle on the ship, considering that the whole Spira world was supposed to be singing at that point in the story. Nice ReMix, gents.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01017 - Final Fantasy X "The Final Summoning"