Cooking Mama PETA Style

Faustt

Isn't this game copyright infringement...? If so, we may have some tasty opportunities to stop certain people from ruining my goddamn lunch

It falls under fair use as parody, so no.

Majesco did have this to say about it though

Food lover and culinary cutie Cooking Mama is a virtual chef who believes that good home cooked food, properly prepared from the best ingredients, can bring people together around the table and make the world a happier place. That's why Mama is taking a stand with oven mitts raised high against the latest PETA objection targeting her freshly released videogame, Cooking Mama World Kitchen, that shipped this week for Wii™ from Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL). Mama wants people to know that World Kitchen includes 51 recipes from around the world, ranging from vegetarian fare like miso soup and rice cakes to international delicacies like ginger pork and octopus dumplings.

"I would never put rat in my Ratatouille," said a feisty Mama while beating some eggs. "Like any accomplished cook, I create my recipes to appeal to a broad range of tastes and preferences. My only goal is to ensure you leave the table well fed."

Cooking Mama World Kitchen includes more than 25 vegetarian-friendly recipes including delicious breakfast, dinner, dessert and snack options. And, while Mama is not a vegetarian, she fully supports the humane treatment of animals, particularly for her canine protégé Max who makes his doggie debut in World Kitchen.

About Cooking Mama World Kitchen

Developed by Cooking Mama Limited, the second installment of the fan favorite Wii series is filled with new features including kitchen mini-games, 3D graphics, chef customization and 2 player cooperative cooking. In the game, players use the Wii Remote™ as a universal cooking utensil to chop, grate, slice and stir their way through 51 all-new recipes, ranging from parfait to Ratatouille to pancakes and French fries. A range of modes lets players cook for Mama's approval, their friends' picky palates or together as a team to create dishes in a new cooperative mode. A bonus hidden mode will even surprise gamers with competitive play against the original "master cook!" In World Kitchen, preparation mistakes are events unto themselves since new mini-games add hilarious fun with Mama's lovable canine, Max. Finally, a new customization feature lets players create their own personal chef or even an adorable mini Mama!

Cooking Mama World Kitchen for Wii™ is rated E for Everyone and available now for the suggested retail price of $49.99. To watch the official trailer and find out more, please visit www.cookingmama.com.

http://kotaku.com/5093315/cooking-mama-responds-to-peta

If the living conditions and method of killing were more, "humane", I'm sure that PETA would be a much smaller organization.

Hooray humane killing! More humane killings for all! Hee hee...

I see the argument though; some living conditions are appalling, and death is always appalling. But yes, at some point you have to draw a line below which you devalue life enough to kill it and eat it. "This beautiful creature must die". I think it's important to consider to truly understand our nature... to truly understand your nature... and to better appreciate life.

Not saying you folks haven't, but if you haven't it's worthy subject to ponder.

The part where you remove the internal organs literally made me gag

Haha you pussy

Also I finished this game after it just came out, that soy turkey looked fucking horrible, and it was way more satisfying to mutilate that turkey than to knead soy beans into something that looked like a turkey SO JOKE'S ON YOU PETA, YOU DIDN'T TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION FUCKED UP PEOPLE LIKE ME.

Maybe I should look for the bloody ones next time.

You've never gotten one of those before?

I'm not sure if you're lucky, or not, it's interesting, but also really gross. Also a bit of a let down, cause now you have to clean this bloody egg and possibly partially developed chick fetus out of the skillet before you can have breakfast...

You've never gotten one of those before?

I'm not sure if you're lucky, or not, it's interesting, but also really gross. Also a bit of a let down, cause now you have to clean this bloody egg and possibly partially developed chick fetus out of the skillet before you can have breakfast...

...I'm afraid if that ever happened, it'd put me off eggs for a few months until I could recover. It's also one of the reasons I'd be so averse to balut. KF