OCR00338 - Ninja Gaiden "Devil's Mask"

Saunders

• 2 months later...

Rarely is it, that I find a piece of music that I just have to hit the Play button on in WinAMP. Ya know... Just before it ends. So I can listen to it again. .. Anyway... This remix qualifies for that, no questions asked. This is a beautiful remix of the Devil's Mask theme from Ninja Gaiden. Now if only someone would do a good rendition of the Nails of Lukifell. ... Actually, nevermind. Someone already did. Jose Acosta, with his "Ninja Gaiden: Emulated" Remix... ^-^; So, yeah. I'm all set!

• 1 month later...

I remember this track very well from the very ending of the game -- and it was the best track of the game. This ReMix is awesome!! A must download for those who remember the old 8-bit Ryu. Some ReMixes don't keep enough of the original in, but this is smooth all the way along. Very high quality work.

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say, this is probably my favorite remix on this entire site. I had this on my mp3 player over the summer when I went to spain, and listend to it like every day. (I didn't have my computer to switch out the songs) I'm not a big trance or techno guy, either, this song just really moves me.

• 4 months later...
If you want to make a good mix don't make it techno. There are plenty of good remixes on OC, and none of them are techno.

My, what an open-minded individual you are.

This has always been one of my favorite mixes from the site. It stays true to the flavor of the original, it manages to take a completely repetative tune and keep it interesting for four minutes plus, and you can dance to it. You can't get much better than that. Great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh My.

This is some good mixage, I've been holding off on reviewing it, but I figured I might as well.

Okay, Here Goes:

I like the way the mix flows together, this being one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite Ninja Gaiden theme in the first place. You get the normal distorted technoy feel with the light drums and such, with more of an upbeat yet relaxed feel. Good Stuff.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I so very love this song. I downloaded this in the 001-500 pack and I just can't stop listening to this song...

And now I noticed that I'm gonna be late from a hobby if I don't hurry.

But still, the instruments are great, the song is great, the echo is great, the remixer is something near God et cetera.

Thanks for a great remix.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

The delay really makes this one interesting. Some of the lower pizzicato at the beginning didn't really sound like it matched up properly, but a somewhat minor detail as the rest of the track is excellently atmospheric.

There almost might be a bit too much reverb and delay on this one, but it's minimal. There are so many subtle polyrhythms derived from the gated synths and the subsequent delays that even though the structure is simple, it has a very rich complexity to it.

I'm not too familiar with the original, but this could easily be played at disco clubs just about anywhere and no one would know what it was a ninja gaiden remix unless they recognized the source.

Nice work, this one is cool.

• 1 year later...

Something about the timing of everything in the introduction sounded really off to me. Once the soundscape flattened out a bit this one became more interesting. I like the distortion effects on some of the synths as well, they gave the mix a bit of character. Overall, some nice sounds but still a fairly generic remix when you get right down to it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00338 - Ninja Gaiden "Devil's Mask"