OCR01778 - Super Mario Bros. 3 "Of Mind and Body"

djpretzel

A Super Mario Brothers tune done 60's/70's style. Neat! I liked the piece for the most part, but it was a little rough in the recording. 8 out of 10.

By the way, I recognize it vaguely from SMB3, but can't quite recall the source tune. Anyone know where it's from in game?

I found DJ Pretzel's initial review to be most entertaining.

Also, this mix is very uh...I don't know how to describe what it makes me feel. But I do like it. Now that I remember the song that is being remixed, I do have to say that is a very lofty, dreamy take on the warp area. It is very nice.

Dude... wait... what?

God... when they say it makes you feel sleepy... they mean it... But it also makes me feel a bit mellow... I can only imagine what this is like ON drugs, though, I had a long hard day... so my tiredness could be adding to the effect of this song...

Wow, I DEFINITELY got this one... it's forcing me to post a review... Which, since it's not really alive, is a REAL accomplishment... *listens again* Whoa... dude...

I almost wish this hadn't been accepted, so I could record a better version of it, especially now that I've got better equipment (and a better ear for good tone). I also have a version that incorporates the final Bowser fight theme from the same game. Can't use it now, though ...

I was not expecting all the drug mentions in reference to my recording. It hadn't even occurred to me that it sounded that way until I saw the judges' decisions. I'll have to show it to my stoner friends and see what they think of it.

I almost wish this hadn't been accepted, so I could record a better version of it, especially now that I've got better equipment (and a better ear for good tone). I also have a version that incorporates the final Bowser fight theme from the same game. Can't use it now, though ...

I was not expecting all the drug mentions in reference to my recording. It hadn't even occurred to me that it sounded that way until I saw the judges' decisions. I'll have to show it to my stoner friends and see what they think of it.

Nah dude, it's cool man... I kinda like it short like this... and as the Pretzel man says, it's infinitely loopable... meaning it has the potential to have a run time of infinity... Ok, I swear... I DON'T do drugs... I'm just really tired, and extremely overworked... it's the same kinda feeling...

Or... at least that's what I think... OH GOD, you all think I'm a stoner now =P...

You might be able to request that the current version be replaced.

Either way though, you should post the updated version here.

Considering the length of the original I think the length and variance of this mix is perfect. Very dreamy, or whatever other word you want to use to describe it. I can see it being used as an intro to some sort of bizzare 70s movie or something, very different.

Funny thing is somehow, this ended up being the first SMB3 mix that I have downloaded, considering how often I come here to check out new and old mixes alike, that was a bit of a surprise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01778 - Super Mario Bros. 3 "Of Mind and Body"