Another Soundscape's first commercial game release, Artoon! FREE SOUNDTRACK!

anosou

I've tried the demo, and I'll say that the music and art style are both great. The other Community game I've tried had no music, and no direction with its art style -- both you and Oscar have done a great job of making this into something beyond a Q-bert clone. Definitely picking it up asap.

My only complaint: I have trouble doing the "low jump" without mashing the X button -- I wish that you could hold it down to force a lower jump.

I'll mention that to Oscar, maybe he can patch it!

now for great news, THE SOUNDTRACK IS RELEASED!

visit www.okgamescompany.com for more information

No arrangements atm but they might pop up ;)

If a moderator can add FREE SOUNDTRACK in the title (or something fancier, can't really think atm) that would be tops.

Downloaded the soundtrack yesterday but didn't get the chance to listen to it until a little while ago. I've pretty much had it on repeat for half an hour and it's only what, 9 minutes and 30 seconds or so? I'll probably be listening to it for most of the day. Excellent stuff. I just wish I could hear it in context.

Downloaded the soundtrack yesterday but didn't get the chance to listen to it until a little while ago. I've pretty much had it on repeat for half an hour and it's only what, 9 minutes and 30 seconds or so? I'll probably be listening to it for most of the day. Excellent stuff. I just wish I could hear it in context.

Yeah it's really short.. But it felt cheap to repeat the tracks to make them longer ;) this is how they appear in the game and since it's a free easy release, this is how you're getting them!

Glad you enjoyed it, look forward to my soundtrack to an upcoming XNA-release, codename TPM, by Onion Factory Games. Should be up in mid-december and hopefully feature a (longer) free album release too! no promises though.

I wasn't complaining about the length mind you, just pointing out I was getting a lot of mileage out of such a short album. The songs can always be set to repeat if I want, but I find the whole album flows pretty well. A few times I didn't even realize that the song changed. Given what little I know about the game I think the songs are a good length, and there's a lot of good material in them; enough that I don't think they need to be any longer.

I hate how the demo is timed.

I'll have to go back and play it several more times to get an accurate feel of the game.

Seems pretty straightforward, but the time ran out before I could finish the tutorial.

From what I've heard from gamers the demo doesn't do it justice.. haven't tried it myself though! In any case, you should obviously buy it:tomatoface:

From what I've heard from gamers the demo doesn't do it justice.. haven't tried it myself though! In any case, you should obviously buy it:tomatoface:

Maybe, after the holidays.

It's between your game and Super Street Fighter HD thingie.

I am ashamed to say I have never played street fighter, and this seems like a good time to to try it.

Maybe, after the holidays.

It's between your game and Super Street Fighter HD thingie.

I am ashamed to say I have never played street fighter, and this seems like a good time to to try it.

SF2HD has priority for sure. I don't even like SF2 but I'd buy it anyway! :D but then, go for it. While you're at it, teach me to play Galaga Legions without killing someone!

While you're at it, teach me to play Galaga Legions without killing someone!

I love that game.

If it had co-op I would.

The basic trick is to place your legions where the master Galaga will be. Or to place your legions where they will be enveloped by a swarm, and likely take out the head.

When I go gold in a few weeks, we should definitely co-op Ikagura.

I love that game.

If it had co-op I would.

The basic trick is to place your legions where the master Galaga will be. Or to place your legions where they will be enveloped by a swarm, and likely take out the head.

When I go gold in a few weeks, we should definitely co-op Ikagura.

When I get my 360 back from microsoft we definitely should!

• 2 weeks later...

They mentioned Artoon again in a recent podcast, but I am home now; and I don't know which one.

Regardless, I bought it. I have to say, the demo doesn't do this game justice.

I got all A+'s. =D

My only gripe is lack of online leaderboards. Now that I have all A+, I don't have anything to shoot for.

They mentioned Artoon again in a recent podcast, but I am home now; and I don't know which one.

Regardless, I bought it. I have to say, the demo doesn't do this game justice.

I got all A+'s. =D

My only gripe is lack of online leaderboards. Now that I have all A+, I don't have anything to shoot for.

Thanks for the support and kind words :nicework:

I'm pretty sure it's a XNA-limitation with the leaderboards.. same reason you can't have achievements. We'll see how that develops, he CAN patch the game ;)

Thanks for the support and kind words :nicework:

I'm pretty sure it's a XNA-limitation with the leaderboards.. same reason you can't have achievements. We'll see how that develops, he CAN patch the game ;)

I think I saw one of the XNA games boast of having leaderboards and online play.

I may be mistaken though.