OCR01779 - Lemmings (C64) "Dig This!"

djpretzel

I remember this from the WIP board. And from the To be posted list for like... ages. Nice to finally see it posted, wtg. More swedes for the site.

This getting me psyched to make a playlist of happy remixes. This is just unreasonably happy. Feels a bit empty, even with the pads, and the hats sound trashy, but hey, it puts a silly grin on my face, so those complaints weight little in comparison.

...also lol@judges saying it's a copy of Pacman's Cannon.

I dig this. :D

...also lol@judges saying it's a copy of Pacman's Cannon.

lol I just looked up any remixes for Pacman, wondering if the Canon chords were used for it, but now I realize you just meant to say Pachelbel. lmao

Then again, I know that there is a Pachebel's Gannon remix out there for Zelda (by DJP, if my memory serves me right). I'm going to have to go back and listen to that one to see if it bears any resemblance.

The first thing this remix reminded me of is one of my favorite remixes from this site. Rayza's SF2: CE ending theme. It is EXTREMELY similar. They both have "Canon Chords," and they are both in the Happy Hardcore genre. I've never heard the source to this tune, but as far as a "rip-off" is concerned...if I were Razya, I'd have an eyebrow raised. lol

Good job.

Edit: So, it turns out that Pachelbel's Gannon doesn't appear to have anything Canon related to it, and (sticking to the subject) after hearing the source for this tune, if any judges felt the need to reject this mix based on the Canon-similarity, then Rayza's remix is even MORE of a "rip-off."

Odd that I just reviewed another Lemmings mix not a few days ago that employed the same 'Let's Go' sound byte, and here I am again with it. Weird how you keep running into things right after you first learn or experiance them.

Anyways, this puts a damper on my perfectly good bad mood, if that makes sense. Very trippy, kinda hard not to bounce in my chair as I listen to this. I agree with Rozovian that the mix feels a little empty, but it doesn't really detract incredibly from the mix.

Nice work, and welcome aboard.

Awesome :D

Must say that I didn't have Canon in D in mind at all when I made the remix, but as I listen to Pachelbels wonderful classic, I agree with the judges.

About my remix, I agree that it sounds empty and I don't know how I could've used those hats. Must've been swept away with the cuteness :)

Thx!

Oh, and Xenon Odyssey, I had forgotten about that Dr Mario-remix... strange that you remember it, specially because I don't remember posting it anywhere :S

I got a huge kick out of this wip when I heard it however long ago... and I love Oneup's work. I'm really glad this mix got published, I think it would've been a loss to the community were it left alone. The melody seems ideal for HHC and the execution is pretty seamless. I say this a lot regarding my reviews, but it's good day for this site.

More Oneup, lemmings, and maybe even a little more HHC please. :P

You know, I talked to WAVE [Jeroen Tel] a bit after we compo'd on IRC a few months ago - I told him about OC Remix and he was quick to tell me he hated the remixes of his stuff because they got all the notes wrong :P but this is the first remix of a Tel tune in a long long time, the other ones are all old and horrible sounding, unfortunately. If he ever comes on IRC again I'll tell him about this one and see if he changes his mind.

He probably won't though because that's just how he is D:

You know, I talked to WAVE [Jeroen Tel] a bit after we compo'd on IRC a few months ago - I told him about OC Remix and he was quick to tell me he hated the remixes of his stuff because they got all the notes wrong :P but this is the first remix of a Tel tune in a long long time, the other ones are all old and horrible sounding, unfortunately. If he ever comes on IRC again I'll tell him about this one and see if he changes his mind.

He probably won't though because that's just how he is D:

Well, the notes aren't wrong I think, but I doubt he'd like it actually... :D

|| : Boom Chick/Clap Boom Chick/Clap : ||

Ahh, that's some sweet HHC you got cooking there!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01779 - Lemmings (C64) "Dig This!"