OCR01779 - Lemmings (C64) "Dig This!"

djpretzel

AUGH! IT'S PACHELBEL! RUN!!

This really isn't my genre - I could see myself dancing to this at a school function though. I would have to say it's really good - sounds a little long to me, but that's probably because it's not my favorite style of music. I like your use of the sound clips. Overall I think it's a great job, and deserves to be on this site. Looking forward to more of you in the future.

EDIT: I hope you don't think I hate Canon in D - it's an amazing song, except that that chord progression is used in EVERYTHING.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I usually don't post because all I know about remixes is what I like ... and everyone has their own opinion ;) but I had to share my experience with this song.

I downloaded it last night while I was studying for my final and it was the last thing I listened to before I started my exam ... I had the song going through my head for the whole two hours and it kept me focused the entire time :D Everytime I didn't know what to do I would sit back and this song would run through my head and I'd figure it out.

Thanks for a great song and for the help in thermo ^_^

• 3 months later...

This takes me back to about 2001 the when the hardcore was happy, the fours were on the floors, and lemmings died by the truckload to unimaginably gruesome fates.

This is exactly what I want to hear in happy hardcore- impossibly fast piano comping, a sortof smooshy kick, and a repetitive chord progression with upbeat bass and melodic bits on top. Totally fun stuff, and if you can stomach all the cheer, you'll definitely enjoy it.

• 5 weeks later...

I remember when this was first put up on the site, this was my go-to mix for pure fun. Somewhere along the way, I stopped listening to it, and strangely I'm struggling to find the joy I once found in this. There's a desolation in here that negates a lot of the bubblegum-goodtime-happydance-smilefactory vibe that the old Euro scene was all about, and that this is clearly trying to channel.

I don't think it's all the mixer's fault; I think I've become more cynical over the years and I've also listened to a larger range of stuff. Tastes change and perspectives alter, and this mix didn't live up to the expectation I had of it when I originally heard it, unfortunately.

The samples are uninspired, there's no depth in sound and there's no gloss that I find to be the selling point of mixes like this. Rayza delivers gloss. This only attempts to.

This is still amiable stuff. It follows a well-worn routine, but its a damn successful one. I'm a fan of the tune (itself a remix of Canon in D), and this will always be a good one to have around for the purposes of hearing it with bundled energy. But I'm afraid I have to demote it from go-to status. Something about it leaves me cold to its brightness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01779 - Lemmings (C64) "Dig This!"