Chrono Trigger DS - Only 15 Silver Points!

NNY

Which converts roughly to $40 some American dollars. This game comes out in less than a week!

New Stuff:

Touch controls! (Class mode available too.)

New ending!

Anime cutscenes from the PS1 version! (Can be toggled on and off)

An online monster battling mode!?

I wish I could go forward in time a few days and buy this already.

Which converts roughly to $40 some American dollars. This game comes out in less than a week!

New Stuff:

Touch controls! (Class mode available too.)

New ending!

Anime cutscenes from the PS1 version! (Can be toggled on and off)

An online monster battling mode!?

I wish I could go forward in time a few days and buy this already.

Only $40? I'll pass.

I geeked the hell out and ordered me a japanese copy. Don't judge me :)

So far, it is sooooo good.

Having to read the tiny font on the screen is annoying, but you get over it pretty quick.

The script change is okay. Nothing bad really. The only thing you I really had to get used to was the skill name changes.

The new dungeons are interesting, especially the last 3. The monster arena, not so much. I found it really boring and an addition they could have fleshed out a lot more. All you do is send a monster to an era to train (each era has a specific stat it gets increased), wait for it to come back, then enter a ff6 coliseum style arena where you win prizes if you win.

Spoilers!! Read at your own risk.

The last dungeon is very important to the cc line and so is the final boss.

Dungeon shows that dalton is responsible for the fall of guardia in CC

Boss tells how magus becomes Guile in CC

So good.

End Spoilers.

I really don't see why everyone is whining about the $40 price tag. All Squeenix DS games cost as much, and more than half of them are crap. I'd gladly pay $50 for this. Guaranteed quality.

Because I'm not made of money, and I have bills to pay, and 2 copies of Chrono Trigger is enough for me right now.

Castlevania: OoE is $30, garunteed quality, AND I haven't BEATEN IT 40 times already.

NNY didn't mention that there are two new dungeons as well. I'd find it hard to say that this doesn't top any of the GB FF remakes. FF IV, on the other hand, is more debatable. (FF III's remake added so little besides graphics that's it's not worth considering).

You're thinking of the DS remakes, not the GBA versions. And I would say the GBA games top this in terms of offering a new experience since they got extra dungeons and new translations at least (some of those translations being pretty sorely needed). This is pretty much the same game we got in the PSX re-release but with only the new dungeons as additions (couldn't give to craps about this online mode), and that's not enough for me to pay $40 for a game I already own.

I preordered this back in August. This was the first game I played via a rom; I had heard about it, but didn't know (a) where to find a copy (2001-02) and (B) if it was as good as people said. I absolutely love Chrono Trigger. I have since bought the cartridge and the PS1 remake (which sucked hardcore due to the load times). I am looking forward to some portable Chrono Trigger action. Maybe triumphant sales of this re-make will get us Chrono Cross on DS or *gasp* Chrono Break?!?!? Yeah... I guess not.

There are three Castlevania's on DS alone. But only one Chrono Trigger. (And a PS1 sequel, and an SNES text adventure, but those are entirely different.)

I bet Order of Eccelsia has only one ending too! CTDS is only $5 more....

....someone buy it...

You're thinking of the DS remakes, not the GBA versions. And I would say the GBA games top this in terms of offering a new experience since they got extra dungeons and new translations at least (some of those translations being pretty sorely needed). This is pretty much the same game we got in the PSX re-release but with only the new dungeons as additions (couldn't give to craps about this online mode), and that's not enough for me to pay $40 for a game I already own.

Thinking of both, actually, just didn't word it clearly. FF IV GBA had the extra dungeon (which was really easy except for Kain's floor); FF IV DS has augments and better graphics. Personally, I'd take more content over better graphics any day; if it wasn't for the augment system, I wouldn't be playing FF IV DS at all.

I think last time NNY was around, Rama still had his thug sig with the bling "$" necklace. (which I miss, BTW)

Look, I really like Chrono Trigger and all, but nobody other than Squeenix is charging $40 for a DS game. ESPECIALLY when you consider that it's essentially a port, not a new game. There's no way it took more resources/effort/money to create Chrono Trigger DS than it did to make most other new DS games.

I would buy it at $30, think it's a steal at $20, and would consider (but pass) at $35. $40 is too much for a DS game unless it's The World Ends With You.

I'd buy a "Squaresoft Classics" collection for $20 with all their SNES games on it, like Capcom or Konami would put out. People allow themselves to buy into the whole "It's worth any price" mystique surrounding stuff like Chrono Trigger way too much, as if these were some sort of sacred holy treasures that S-E keeps locked in a magically sealed vault rather than just a couple megs of data which they could have slapped onto a compilation disc at any time.

Maybe triumphant sales of this re-make will get us Chrono Cross on DS or *gasp* Chrono Break?!?!? Yeah... I guess not.

I really wish Chrono Break would come to be. Chrono Cross left more questions then answers. A very enjoyable game but, so many questions.

If any of you have not tried it, look up "Radical Dreamers". It was a Satellaview game, so you'd have to search for a translated rom.

Even more questions arise.