PRC134 - Two Main Characters in One Game (Pocky & Rocky)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 134

PRCv6-04

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

PRC133 is done, Txai wins after the second place in PRC132. He beated DZComposer with only one (double) vote difference. It was a round which didn't get much interest, but I'm happy it didn't end with a default winner. Txai was quick with sending the source so we can start with a promising next round.

Txai decided to go for a game he liked much. He loved the bizarre enemies from it and since the game didn't have much remixes here, it can be used. The game was hard to play, I hope the source isn't hard to remix. The game was released on the SNES.

PRC134.png

Pocky & Rocky (SNES) - The Enchanted Forest

MIDI

MP3

SPC

I have never played the game, but it looks like a nice game and it's fun to hear new songs. The source sounds very nice to me and hopefully I can find some time this week to work on something as well.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY November 30th at 05:00 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left..
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part but their vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

(ThaSauce link heads over to PRC133 -- and at PRC134 it says your birthday is November 30th)

It happends again. I'm wondering when I'm NOT gonna make this mistake. For the birthday, that won't happen again. I thought I removed that line.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Nice signature, I've added it to mine.

When I first saw that game title, I thought "this sounds strangely familiar". Then (as mentioned above) the connections with the Kaikai series clicked into mind - I remember reading a lot about it after somehow taking interest on (the miserable failures of) Heavenly Guardian (Kika Kaikai World in Japan) on the PS2 and Wii.

This probably sounds a little too bizarre for me to come up with something coherent, but after what happened last round, I'm almost encouraged to see if I can help out with the slow start for this year. >.>

Two entries. I can't give every round an extension, so here we go:

Here's the voting stage

Two entries. The first one is from a (I think according to the user name) new remixer. The other one is a song from Analoq, who was here direct from the begin.

The mixing stage is over, to vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second.

- State a reasoning for it.

Participants don't have to vote, because they can't for themself and voting means both songs receive a first place.

The winner of PRC133 (Txai) has a vote that counts twice. You have until NEXT WEDNESDAY, December 3th at 9:59 am ThaSauce time, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC135!

The songs:

Tdburley - Dreams of the Universe

Analoq - Harmonic Treatment

I really have to check this more often...I'm pissed. This was a really great source tune...although nobody would like my rendition, as always haha. =p

It was a nice source, maybe next round again.

It's results time.

Two entries appeared. The entrants didn't have to vote, but they where allowed since it doesn't change anything, Analoq did vote. I decided to give each entry two points for that one. Txai's vote counts double, it turned out that broke the tie.

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 4

Highest possible score - 10 + 2 = 12

Tdburley starts nice with his first PRC entry (as far as I know he's not someone who entered before), he got two first place votes, but it wasn't enough to win the contest. He gets the last and second place wooden spoon, with 9 points.

The winner of this round is Analoq with 10 points!

Congratulations Analoq, the song length almost let you lose the round, but it was long enough to win. Now it's up to you to submit the new source for PRC135. Remember to not submit a song that has been covered on OCR before. You can take a popular game (Like Mega Man 1 Wily Stage 1) or a less popular game (like Godzilla for the NES). Songs from site Projects can be used as well.

I'm waiting for the source tune which should be submitted in two days (before December 5th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time). You should send your source submission to me by PM. Don't forget it. You should add a link to your source as well (like a MID, NSF, MP3 etc.) so I can't pick the wrong song.

See you next Friday.