Street Fighter II HD Remix Reviews! (IGN: 8.7, 1UP: A+, GamesRadar: 10/10, Gamespot: 8.5/10)

SwordBreaker

The music is the BALLS, guys, some of the tightest work I've ever heard from any of you folks. Damn good stuff. In other news, this game hands my ass to me on EASY. I suck at fighting games, but the PS3 controller makes it REALLY hard to pull these combos off. I always found the Genesis controller most conducive to combo mashing personally, with it's nice round D-pad. But aside from the fact that it whips me like a little bishie, it's awesome.

I hate to say it, but the game is disappointing for one reason, animation. Although they redrew the sprites, the number of sprites for each animation are the same. So the game ends up looking too jittery. There is no smoothness to any of the animation at all.

I think that was very much on purpose. If the toggle switches are any indicator, there are players out there who have counted out every frame of every animation for their characters, and evidently your position or what button you're pressing during that frame can do anything from doubling the damage to making it unblockable. So changing the number of frames for the animations would obliterate years of geekery for the tournament players. I can't imagine knowing ANY game that well, but if they do, who am I to jack up their frame count?

The music is the BALLS, guys, some of the tightest work I've ever heard from any of you folks. Damn good stuff. In other news, this game hands my ass to me on EASY. I suck at fighting games, but the PS3 controller makes it REALLY hard to pull these combos off. I always found the Genesis controller most conducive to combo mashing personally, with it's nice round D-pad. But aside from the fact that it whips me like a little bishie, it's awesome.

I think that was very much on purpose. If the toggle switches are any indicator, there are players out there who have counted out every frame of every animation for their characters, and evidently your position or what button you're pressing during that frame can do anything from doubling the damage to making it unblockable. So changing the number of frames for the animations would obliterate years of geekery for the tournament players. I can't imagine knowing ANY game that well, but if they do, who am I to jack up their frame count?

It's not so much knowing how many frames it is or the specific frame but just having a feel for doing the move(s). It took me many weeks to learn how to cancel Ken's (in 3rd Strike) uppercut into a fierce Shoryuken and then cancel that into his SAIII. And I think the PS3 controller is an excellent controller, at least for 3rd Strike.

holy crap!

hey everybody. i ran into somebody listening to this soundtrack and was pleasantly surprised to hear that it came from my old haunt, so much so, i just had to come back here after like 4 years just to say how awesome this soundtrack is!

fantastic work to everybody who contributed to this!

God this is considered good nowadays? OCR really has become a bloated monster... I like the part where the original artists that submitted their tracks to OCR on stuff like Blood on the Asphalt now get zero remuneration! It's almost like OCR is a company, except it's employees make no money. Good call.

Seriously, kill it with fire.

I don't think people care whether or not they're paid for doing something they love. Money isn't everything.

Spoilers: Capcom is making a metric fuckton of money out of a game released ages ago but the guys who submitted the music make no cash. That, my friend, is being a sucker. Instead of hiring a standard team of composers and arrangers, they simply went "community project" and skipped over the small detail of having to pay. That's pretty smart!

Well... OCR doesn't make much money from ads. Basically only enough to pay for things like shirt manufacturing and hosting. If anything, site staff, especially Dave, lose money by running the site (and certainly lose time.) It would have been nice to be paid for something like this, but consider that most of the music was written beforehand for fun anyway, and we didn't technically have the rights to do it. We ended up with AAA credits and the pride of being on an awesome game.

Spoilers: Capcom is making a metric fuckton of money out of a game released ages ago but the guys who submitted the music make no cash. That, my friend, is being a sucker. Instead of hiring a standard team of composers and arrangers, they simply went "community project" and skipped over the small detail of having to pay. That's pretty smart!

That's not being a sucker, "friend." That's hopping on an opportunity that doesn't come by very often. And it's a great thing to put down on any resume. Don't think so one dimensionally. Like I said, money isn't everything. And being a dick on a forum isn't going to get your point across any better.

That's not being a sucker, "friend." That's hopping on an opportunity that doesn't come by very often. And it's a great thing to put down on any resume. Don't think so one dimensionally. Like I said, money isn't everything. And being a dick on a forum isn't going to get your point across any better.

That's no more being a dick than it is a strong opinion.

Shame that Capcom still gets the lion share of the actual credit when it is such a fan-effort. I'm almost shocked at how good it all is when all that is considered. Though it'd be nice if they find time to patch its bugginess where the health meter and wins-markers freezes and music stops. Apparently both the PS3 and 360 versions have the problems.

I think it's great that all the guys off OCR have got themselves a 'foot-in-the-door' on CGMusic composition.

Can't be a bad thing to have on the CV/Resume.

Also it really shows the strength crop of talent that has come out of this community that their work is good enough for professional games companies.

I think there's so much to take out of doing something like this besides re-numeration, although I'm sure all are worthy of it.

I haven't heard a lot of great original CG soundtracks of late so can only hope that a lot of the great composers out of this site, who understand the canon of CGMusic and the importance of the link between it and what's happening on screen, end up scoring actual games in the future.

PS Sixto nailed the *expletive* out of Ken's Stage.

Regarding the whole "getting paid" issue, I think it's an excellent decision for OCR to do this for free. First off, that builds up a very good relationship with Capcom in general. I mean, think about it...OCR does it for free the first time, and with all the heart and soul put into the SFII OST...that in turn builds up a huge possibility for Capcom to hire OCR for another project, this time from the ground-up. When that day comes, I'm pretty sure that OCR remixers involved will get paid for all the effort.

Right now, I'm hoping that Square-Enix contacts DJP and zircon to remix music for the inevitable FF7 Remake on the PS3.