Street Fighter II HD Remix Reviews! (IGN: 8.7, 1UP: A+, GamesRadar: 10/10, Gamespot: 8.5/10)

SwordBreaker

you're also all acting like everyone and their mom is playing street fighter now. as of now, there's 35k copies that have been played on live since release. not a bad number - even for XBLA - but that's nowhere near the penetration that other games have made. it's not selling like hotcakes - it's just doing mildly to moderately well.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/johndmoney/blog/2008/12/18/super_street_fighter_ii_turbo_hd_remix_achieves_record_breaking_sales

Yep, it's been mentioned on the forums. But not right here. And not with a tomato.

:tomatoface:

i actually was going to post that earlier today (news4games had it on their feed a while back) to say i was sorry and was mistaken, but i didn't want to reopen old issues.

you're all right, i'm wrong. sorry i pissed everyone off. it's officially the best-selling xbla game so far, and is well on its way to being the top of the games sold list per days in stores for the year. you can all egg me at magfest because i'm the only gamer who doesn't like the sf series.

can we drop this now? seriously.

• 1 month later...
I 'AM' European and set up a US account. It was worth it, just for this game. Oh and also the fact that their PS Store is ten folds superior to ours. Capcom have been shoddy about Euro releases. Age of Booty just came out in the UK store would you believe it.

Is it on the European PSN yet? My university wifi connection blocks consoles connecting to it (personal logon settings that are only really computer-friendly) so I can't check myself. I even went to the bother over the holidays of making a US account but they won't accept my European credit card. I'm really annoyed at that one.

I did notice the American store is a helluva lot better than the European one though.

• 3 weeks later...

In response to my own question, it came out on PSN in Europe the same day Street Fighter 4 came out.

Way to go Sony, you do know how to completely balls-up what could have been your most doanloaded game on the Store, but nobody'll want a version of 2 taking up hard disk space when they have 4 to install, will they? I guess I'm just really annoyed because I could have saved €25 by getting 2THD instead of 4, but I only really have the hard drive space for 1 and not the other :(

I mean, I'm used to Sony repeatedly letting its ownerbase down, but this is just taking the biscuit.

In response to my own question, it came out on PSN in Europe the same day Street Fighter 4 came out.

Way to go Sony, you do know how to completely balls-up what could have been your most doanloaded game on the Store, but nobody'll want a version of 2 taking up hard disk space when they have 4 to install, will they? I guess I'm just really annoyed because I could have saved €25 by getting 2THD instead of 4, but I only really have the hard drive space for 1 and not the other :(

I mean, I'm used to Sony repeatedly letting its ownerbase down, but this is just taking the biscuit.

I don't think it was up to Sony. Capcom was the reason for the late release. Also, Xbox 360 users in EU don't have it yet, if they ever will.

Also, Xbox 360 users in EU don't have it yet, if they ever will.

Actually I think they already did when it came out in US territories. Just not in the EU PS Store.

@ Jayc4life, yeah it is quite frankly a shambles. Whoever is to blame, has taken the biscuit. Oh well, I guess the earlier release of Killzone 2 as well as its availablity of the demo makes up for it. I cannot wait for this...

I call bullshit, it came out the same day as the US release. We're not THAT much of a backwater continent, stop thinking we suck :tomatoface:

Ah! Sorry, my bad. That will teach me that using wikipedia as a source is not always good. :tomatoface:

I'm from Norway btw, but I was under the impression that the Xbox 360 did not get the game yet either. My bad.