OCR01781 - Chrono Trigger "To Lost Epochs"

djpretzel

Not bad :razz:

I did like this, the arrangement was great, and for over 6 minutes, it didn't get boring, which is a very hard feat to achieve - well done :D

However, I did have a few small problems - Like the judges, I thought the piano sounded a little fake.

but the biggest problem for me was the amount of sustain and reverb on the piano, particularly at the beginning. Some of the chords bled into each other and they clashed as a result, I didn't like the sound of that much. The judges didn't comment on that, so maybe thats just me.

Anyway, nice work :nicework:

Very emotive, nice work.

I'll just reiterate what several people have already said, that a better piano sample would've made a huge difference. Also, I think the movement in the left hand in the beginning gets a bit muddy.

Those are pretty minor gripes though. I'm glad you submitted this, and look forward to hearing more from you. Cheers.

Seamless transitions are a pretty big plus. Often times in songs with so many themes in them, the transitions are kinda iffy or too sudden. You pull off these transitions markedly well. I too think the piano doesn't quite sound organic enough, but even with samples, the song is still very pretty and moody.

You did an excellent job. The judges and other reviewers here have said what's on my mind to the negative, and as for the positive? I can't really offer much other than I really like how you arranged it all. Great flow, good sound, and another generally excellent piano mix.

Hope to see more from you in the future!

Not bad :razz:

I did like this, the arrangement was great, and for over 6 minutes, it didn't get boring, which is a very hard feat to achieve - well done :D

However, I did have a few small problems - Like the judges, I thought the piano sounded a little fake.

but the biggest problem for me was the amount of sustain and reverb on the piano, particularly at the beginning. Some of the chords bled into each other and they clashed as a result, I didn't like the sound of that much. The judges didn't comment on that, so maybe thats just me.

Anyway, nice work :nicework:

I thought the same thing, but really, I can't find fault with it (not that I want to). The best thing about this mix is how the song builds itself up, almost like stairs, yet it still maintains a pattern.

A medley without medleyitis? Who knew?

Though I agree about the piano sound getting really muddy in the low mids, the way the themes were handled was excellent, and the alterations made to probably my favorite songs on the soundtrack were really tasteful.

Awesome work, I love this one, fix up your piano sound a bit and let's hear some more! :-)

I admit, the introduction had me in slight doubt that it would be "another cheesy piano solo," but once it started to pick up, it stayed up there and stayed beautiful. I'm usually not a fan of the piano mixes on OCR, but this one struck me as quite good. Previously mentioned, the transitions are practically invisible, and I just love how the piano is programmed to a degree where it almost sounds like it takes more than 1 pianist to get it all done.

I wonder...just wonder...what would this remix sound like with a properly tuned drumline added onto it? Hmm...

This is awesomely arranged! This piano arrangement gives new life to each song being arranged and ties them all together into one comprehensive bundle of pianotastic joyousness. I'm simply brimming with the Chrono Trigger nostalgia, it's bursting from me and consuming the darkness inside me and leaving only fond remembrance of what a game really should be. Ninja Gaiden II... I need not thine bloody embrace, for the songs of a squaresoft bid me to soar and be rid of thine gore... at least for this moment, I am at peace.

Strange verse aside... this is one fine Chrono Trigger arrangement. I thought I'd heard it all out of To Far Away Times... well after this, I don't need to hear anything else... this nailed the feeling, and took everything good about it and made it better. This is one smooth medley. I'm digging every second of it. Thank you for producing such a fine work! I absolutely love it. Man this is good stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01781 - Chrono Trigger "To Lost Epochs"