OCR Tiles Project

DarkeSword

All I see here are sprite rips; no actual drawings. I would like to see someone actually doing something; that would be cool.

I think there's merit behind each. If you draw something, it has to look good when shrunk down to 100x100 pixels, but it will certainly be more original. Unless you suck at drawing. Then you can probably take ready-made (probably well-designed) art/graphics from games and make them work.

Comin up next from me: Samus Strut.

All I see here are sprite rips; no actual drawings. I would like to see someone actually doing something; that would be cool.

I'd like to point out that it's not quite as simple as a sprite rip. I made that ship from a combination of sprites. In fact, both of the tiles I've made have taken a couple of hours each. It's not as easy as it seems to shrink everything down and compose it in a manner that is fitting to the image I have in my head. Could I draw them out? Perhaps. I did the watery background behind the ship, and plan to do other things in my own style. But working with sprites is easier and also more evocative of the game in question. If people can do completely original work, then power to them. (Otaku's stuff looks amazing and you're no slouch yourself.)

• 1 month later...

BravingTalTalHeights.jpg

Disco Dan's "Braving Tal Tal Heights" I don't like the compression on this one, but I think I got the point across without losing too much of the detail. Anyone know a better way to take this:

TalTalfull.jpg

and take it to 100x100 without losing the clarity?

The keyboard/synth player is a sly reference to Dan himself (I only know what he looks like from a picture I found on the forums). Next song up is another Wingless tune: Eutopia Pegasi.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...