OCR00339 - Icewind Dale "Easthaven's Club"

Saunders

• 2 months later...

Icewind Dale 'Easthaven's Club'

The first time I listened to this mix I didnt like it, but the second time around I changed my mind aout it. Its definitaly not a bad mix (which is what I originally considered saying) but its not a great mix either. You knid of lose interest after the first minute. Its not my type of mix, but mabey its yours. Try it! 8)

cussaol.jpg

Funny pic Of the Day / \

_________________ |

This song is old. I downloaded it when I was new. I liked it very much, because the original probably was very good. I still haven't heard the original, so I treat this as the original. As mentioned before, it takes a second to get good, but when it did, turned out this melody was one I really liked. When it changes to piano, that's the best. It slowly gets better. The melody is a bit short, but one of my favorites. Rubs the right way.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

8O

Icewind Dale?

Being Remixed?

Amazing. I must say, a-friggin-mazing. I'd really like to hear a remix of The Icewind Dale Main theme. Lysans Lair would be a good candidate as well. Well done, and sorry for not posting anything earlier. Really good remix, my friend says it reminds him of someone drowning.

Lol. Im inclined to agree :D

-Doug

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There are some great aspects to this track, such as the choir and orchestral elements, but there are too many abrupt stops with no real reason for them, and the transitions arent smooth. Both times the B section comes in, it just starts getting good, and then is suddenly stopped. The bass sound doesn't mesh with anything, and the drums are pretty wimpy.

I am inclined to agree with previous reviewers that the source tune really carries this mix.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

Super-dated groove and stilted articulations that bring you back to the good ole' days of the scene. I agreed with OA that the melody's excellent, so I'd love to hear someone else give this theme their own spin with today's standards in mind.

I feel like ZackParrish could do this justice, evolving the same melody upon multiple dynamics. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00339 - Icewind Dale "Easthaven's Club"