OCR01020 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Braving Tal Tal Heights"

djpretzel

Well, okay. The violin is pretty fake (and actually plays a note below violin range... :oops: ) and so is the banjo. And there's a lot of reverse cymbals.

BUT - it is still a really cool mix. I listen to it very very frequently. The intonation is really good, it has a catchy beat, I hum it when I walk to class, etc. etc. Check it out. I recommend it.

• 1 month later...

Just to tell everybody here, I'm no music expert, so while I won't be able to point out all the instruments and synths, I still know what fits and what doesn't. Okay, so honestly, this song had the best intro I evar heard. With the fading piano thing playing sections of the main song. Oh and I love the thing that you first hear(not the ride symbol), yes, this is all about the intro. But the thing that shcoked me a lot was the violing sounding thing. It just was like...aaaah! But it grew on me. I gotta give props to Disco Dan for using that awesome banjo in there. Great piece of music right there.

• 5 weeks later...

Oh...MY....GOD. This song is SOOOO GREAT. I don't even like Techno and this song RULES! I loved all your Mega Man mixes and listen to them almost once a day, but now I've heard THIS song....MAN! You need to just make a CD of your OWN!.....have you? Because I'd buy it!

Violins and a Banjoe in a Techno Remix of one of my favorite Zelda songs. Ingenious.

• 2 months later...

This remix takes the best elements of the original song and combines them with a catchy and an almost impossible to dislike flowing fast-paced-beat. It begins with an intro that amplifies the feelings of something awesome, then a buildup that makes your ears become enveloped in an ecstacy only known to zelda fans. I recommend this to any zelda loving gamers out there. This song is surrounded with a heroic aura, that can only be experienced, elsewhere, by acctually playing the game its self.

• 2 months later...

Wow. I'm, like, totally speechless here!

This is incredible, the banjo (while not my fave instrument, rocked!) really gave a cool twang to the music, and the violin sound really echoed in my mind, I could imagine the strings getting louder and louder surrounding my head with rhythm and melody.

The tune itself is lively and energetic, so coupled with the emotion presented in the background it went wonderfully...

I love this remix SO much!

• 2 months later...

Great remix... that banjo really adds stuff to it. I am not sure how many of you have Klipsch Promedias, but they make all the difference in these remixes.

I have played violin for 8 years now, so the synth violin sounds a bit unusual, but I still like the sound in relation to the rest of the remix. But the vibrato just isn't how I would do it :)

Boy, I'm nitpicking. Nice job Disco Dan.

This remix was so brilliant, I just HAD to email Disco Dan personally and tell him so. He liked my last name, harhar. Anyhow, I always check DD's stuff out, it's always bursting with creative energy. Fantastic mix of a fantastic song.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! I usually don't like any music which use banjo but I guess that it can be good sometimes. :o

One of the best Zelda remixes I have ever heard. It sounds new. Can't describe it otherwise. I'm not a sound expert. :lol:

*includes it to favorite remixes folder* 8)

Disco Dan rules.

He takes simple tunes from game soundtracks, a seemingly random assortment of instruments, and FLStudio and turns a repetitive chiptune into a magnum opus. Then he does it again. And again. And again. And each time, instead of getting tiresome and mundane, each song is just as good, if not better, than the last, never using the same idea twice. As shown by the driving dance/ethnic groove of this mix, the hauntingly beautiful Green Amnesia, or the techno-symphonic bliss of Triforce Majeure, Disco Dan not only kicks the metaphorical ass, but he consistently does it.

On a more specific note, this is one of my favorite dance remixes on the site. I really never thought that a banjo, violin, and set of non-traditional percussive instruments could possibly combine with smooth synths, basses, and electronic percussion to form a dance song, but I was wrong in a big way. I don't have any problems with the mixing of this piece either, as I think if you're listening to something energy-filled and uptempo, you *should* be assaulted with a wall of sound.

Finally, the arrangement is excellent, far better than the average 'four-on-the-floor' techno MIDI rips that are uncomfortably common. The original melodies and harmonies are still present, but Disco Dan's improv sections and breakdown in the middle are also well-implemented and clear. Speaking as a remixer who has tried this dozens of times, I can safely say it is NOT easy to create original sections or variations in a remix without disturbing the flow of the source material, and keeping the same mood and style. Major props to Dan here as well.

What more is there to say? People often consider Disco Dan to be one of the best remixers on this site, if not the best: listening to this remix should tell you why.

This remix is absolutely amazing. While a TON of people just can't seem to stop talking about the main "theme" of the Zelda series, I instantly fell in love with this main-theme variant the first time I played "Links Awakening" the first time on my Game Boy Pocket as I was climbing the steps of Mt. Tamaranch. This song not only does justice to its namesake......it blows it away.

• 5 weeks later...

I do claim requesting this remix!! but alas, someone else has claimed it, and few others believe me it was requested at all. You got my back right Dan?

Anywayz, this song is shw33t. groovy, funky, and spunky. As it should be. Didn't like the key change as much, but what can you do. The 3:08 - 3:35 piano was a nice break, and sound cool.

9.9/10.

• 4 months later...

this is disco dan gone serious.

i repeat. this is disco dan... gone... serious!

this remix is so damn serious, folks, im talking nothing but the right stuff. funky banjo stringy thingy, whatever it may be. i love when i can hear a song and think, "hey, there's an instrument my grama can enjoy in this remix". theres something about rmeixes that bring techno and striongs, winds, etc etc into the mix. old eras meeting new eras. its a very special thing,personally.

disco D. timeless, fun, classic, masterpiece.

oh, so serious.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disco Dan is my favorite remixer on this sight, I have two of his songs, and I'm soon to go find more, I have yet to get the Triforce Majeure. But this peice is truly changing. I can honestly say, that out of two and a half hours of video game music on my playlist, this song is the greatest one. The second best one is his Hyrule Castle theme. After I finish this post I gotta go post on that thread...

Link's Awakening was one of the greatest Zelda games, due to it's increidbly fitting, and superb tracks. This was one of my favorites. My friend introduced this track to me, and I thank him for it.

This track could be loved by anybody, Zelda lover or not. It's upbeat feeling makes me want to get up and dance, and it has nearly infinite replay value. Disco Dan is a musical genius, and his remixes prove it.

The violin is the perfect volume, and steals the melody perfectly. It elevates itself above all other parts with brilliant dominance and just makes want to MOVE The piano at the beginning and the end blend with the music nicely, as it starts off the slow crescendo. All put together and it creates a beautiful mountainous clash that makes me all giddy. Nice job, I want to talk with Disco Dan himself, does anybody know some of his contact details?

• 6 months later...

Fastastic remix of my favorite theme from Link's Awakening. It managed to keep the heroic sound that drew me into the original (seriously, I used to go to Tal Tal Heights and rest with the speaker next to my ear...I weird like that...)

A fantastic song.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01020 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Braving Tal Tal Heights"