OCR01020 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Braving Tal Tal Heights"

djpretzel

You too Myst?

I used to do precisely the same thing.

Anyways, this is not Disco Dan's best work, but still a good job. Be warned, trance-haters, this mix ends with a repetitive deconstruction, which is the only thing that really takes away from this track.

The synths could be better chosen and the ending a little more varied, but its worth a listen.

• 1 month later...

One of my favorite remixes on the site. It sounds, as somebody stated earlier, very heroic, especially when the violin makes its appearance.

Great job, Disco Dan :D

[sign me up with Chickenwarlord and Myst 1278, by the way; I'd stop playing just to listen to this song as well!]

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Say what... I cried, really did, while listening to that track ^^' You know, memories flowing back, but totally enhanced by the powerful feel of the music ! Awesome job, just to remember so much feelings in so few minutes. 10 out of 10 =)

(almost 9, for making me ruin a drawing with my tears, but they were priceless :mrgreen:)

• 11 months later...

I never played this game so I didn't think of actually listening to the track until I saw it featured in that column posted about the top ten tracks from the Zelda games. After listening to the sample of the original theme from the game I was intrigued and immediately looked in my library and found this remix and I digs it muchly.

Someone previously mentioned that the strings remind them of Bond, and I also am reminded of the stringed vixens.

Two thumbs up on this one!

EDIT: so much so that I made the first musical phrase of the melody my ringtone

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Disco Dan continues to impress, and the banjo synth is a really weird choice that actually works out. The violin sample is showing it's age a little, but works in context, and the beats are nice a multidimensional. The breaks between melodic bursts are good for grooving, and give the song a bit of a chance to breathe.

Though there is a lot of mileage drawn out of that banjo chord progression arpeggio, I think the song works pretty well.

• 2 years later...

This piece would have been PERFECT if it concluded at the 3-4 minute mark... the last 2 get pretty stale. For me, that staleness holds it back so much I am considering using Audacity to cut out a large portion of it for my own personal listening.

I've heard a lot mixes, and quite frankly....THAT INTRO... nothing comes close to that on the epic scale and overall sound quality, between the suspended cymbal kick-off, the reverbing piano, and the parallel 6ths of whatever-that-sample-is. I nearly wet my pants every time I hear it.

Edited by Haste2

• 5 months later...

I have to say that, yes, this remix is a bit repetitive, but after all, the original song is as well. However, this remix carries a lot of energy and it's one that I enjoy simply because of the structure of it. THe banjo adds to it because the orinal track seemed to hint at it as well as the beat. I have found myself as I work through some of my college classes, listening to this remix and enjoying it as I study because it doesn't really require quite a bit of focus and it's still manages to be full of energy.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01020 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Braving Tal Tal Heights"