Animal Crossing: Welcome to the Forest Medley -WIP-

GameboyKnight

Wow, this is my first actual work that I may keep working on. All day, I have been trying to find an inspiration and simply by seeing the new Animal Crossing Commercial, I knew had to go back a few AC Generations to the Gamecube.

Listen here~ Welcome to the Forest

http://pownce.com/GameboyKnight/notes/4350389/

This is still under major work, I want to add more elements to it as well as actually finish the song, which will contain 7 Animal Crossing themes. So far, I have a few songs from the Overworld on Gamecube and Tom Nook's Cranny Theme.

Can you believe it took six hours just to make this little skelly? T_T

I need all the insight and criticism you can offer! Don't hold back, just shoot!

No source link, no source comment.

Horribly repetitive, but it's got a cool sound. Drums sound too compressed to be pretty. Could just be that they're too loud.

Medley-itis and repetition aside, it's a bit sparse. Needs some more width, some more texture, some frequency range filler. From what I can tell, J3 is right about the issue of interpretation, so let me just repeat that: "you need to have a lot more interpretation".

Listen to some ocremixes, and really _listen_. Frequency balance, variations, interpretation, etc. Good luck.

What they said-

way more interpretation is needed, but in my opinion the most important thing lacking here is LAYERS. We need more percussion or just more instruments in general. Another artist I recommend you listen to is Eshmasesh (you can just google him I think), as his work has the layering and variation your piece is begging for.

Keep at it :]