New Zelda movie trailer...

Raziellink

I expected this to be absolutely God awful by what everyone said! It was actually pretty decent. Easily the best effort I've ever seen. I used to watch Sinbad, Xena and Hercules on the weekends all the time when I was younger, and this looks just as well done. (looking back, thats not saying much) But given that its not being made by a big shot, that's quite impressive.

The CG in this is actually REALLY impressive. But seriously

Seriously.

Seriously?

Seriously.

WHY is Ganon ALWAYS bright fucking green? Maybe a desaturated Olive, or a straight up brownish, or something...oh I don't know...a little more BELIEVABLE than fucking BRIGHT GREEN. I could stab some people for that shit. Who on your art direction staff let's that stuff pass?

WHY is Ganon ALWAYS bright fucking green? Maybe a desaturated Olive, or a straight up brownish, or something...oh I don't know...a little more BELIEVABLE than fucking BRIGHT GREEN.

can anyone even show me any actual video game art in which ganondorf is green

I mean come on it's as if nobody has even been paying attention

can anyone even show me any actual video game art in which ganondorf is green

I mean come on it's as if nobody has even been paying attention

http://www.freewebs.com/ganondorfs-domain/Ganondorf2.gif

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/hidden09/hidden09.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k53/darth_08/ganondorf.jpg

http://www.latinogamers.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/ganondorf.jpg

Sometimes SHADES of Green, but never GREEN green. People just have terrible color vision or something.

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHICH PART OF HIS FACE IS GREEN??

movieganonid3.jpg

Is it the pale greyish-brownish part? Or do you think his makeup magically turns lime green when they LIGHT THE ROOM WITH GREEN LIGHTING??? Y'all are colour-blind. That colour-scheme they have going on there is 100% OOT Ganondorf. Well, maybe 96%.

The only lime-green Ganondorf is the one in the IGN trailer, and that's because that trailer sucked. At least this new one doesn't have a lime-green Ganondorf with massive goofy hair, and a Zelda who's so pale she looks like the undead.

Is it the pale greyish-brownish part?

I don't know when Ganondorf would ever be considered "pale" in Zelda. Growing up in the desert and all.

Also THIS is official OoT Ganondorf art, too:

Ganon.gif

I also hate how everyone's clothes in fan-made movies look like crap. Not that they look like they were crappily made, but more they look like they were crappily made YESTERDAY. These people clean laundry in buckets. They dye their clothes with flower pigments. Link is constantly rolling in dirt and riding horse back. How is it his clothes look like they were cleaned ONCE with color safe bleach?

Becuase Link's just been running around constipated since he got his tunic, and never had time to roll in dirt. I totally agree, 99% of fan made costumes look like cheap Halloween costumes.

And I agree that Ganondorf's face could have been quite a bit darker, but it is not too green. Heck, if you (not you specifially Rama) think that that OOT official fan art is Ganondorf's "real" skin colour, then they got the pale-ness and un-greenness just right in the trailer. If you're going to complain about colours, complain about Link's unnaturally bright blond hair!

[Edit]

And if you want to complain about bad Ganon interpretations, complain about these:

[Edit]arg, spellcheckerrr!!!

Is it the pale greyish-brownish part?
I don't know when Ganondorf would ever be considered "pale" in Zelda.

Ganon.gif

The pale in "pale greyish-brownish" applies to the color, not his complexion. In the above picture his skin IS pale "greyish-brownish" (commonly referred to as an olive skin tone). But the color certainly isnt rich in the above. It's pale.

The pale in "pale greyish-brownish" applies to the color, not his complexion. In the above picture his skin IS pale "greyish-brownish". Most people say colored olive skin tone. But it certainly isnt rich in the above. It's pale.

Desaturated color =! Pale. His complextion isn't PALE in that picture, just all the color values were brought up, to make EVERYTHING lighter. Even the BLACKS and DARK GREENS have pretty light areas.

Desaturated color =! Pale. His complextion isn't PALE in that picture, just all the color values were brought up, to make EVERYTHING lighter. Even the BLACKS and DARK GREENS have pretty light areas.

I bit my tongue 10 mins later, after I realised who I had quoted. Knew there would be trouble, lol. :roll:

I probably don't know even half as much as you do artistically. And I don't want to completely derail this thread. So I'm not going to make much of a fuss. So I'll rely on wikipedia to back me up, and then I'll shut up.

The pale in "pale greyish-brownish" applies to the color, not his complexion. But the color certainly isnt rich in the above. It's pale.
Desaturated color =! Pale. His complextion isn't PALE in that picture
A pale color is light or pastel version of a color. It has higher luminance, and lower chrominance or color saturation.

So I'll rely on wikipedia to back me up, and then I'll shut up.

Desaturated means it's closer to gray. Totally desaturated colors are a shade of complete gray. It's true that pale colors are desaturated. They're closer to the brighter-greys, or white, but still pale. HOWEVER not all desaturated colors are pale. Dark gray is totally desaturated, but not pale, for instance.

So, like I said before, desaturated DOES NOT mean pale. Ganondorf is general portrayed with a darker skin-tone, which can be close to grayish, often somewhere between desaturated green and brown, but never PALE.

This is, of course, if I'm understanding what you're trying to say.

Regardless of whether or not he Nintendo intended him to be green-green, desaturated green, grey, brown, or purple the reality of the situation is if he's not within what we define in our heads as a realistic range of color for skin pigment (within the bounds of reason, and assuming we're putting him in a realistic 'live-action' setting), then it's going to look weird. The difference between making Mystique in the X-Men movies look like a darker blue and a smurf. And given Ganondorf's history. Being a boy raised in the desert, it would make sense to make him darker, because you don't run into many light-skinned people in the desert. I'm not saying he needs to be BLACK, or even middle-eastern looking, but definitely darker than most latins...and less orange.

Things that aren't nessacarily "real" but don't look "believable" ruin the entire setting. This is in the same vain as the clothes.