ARC - Anime Remix Christmas Remix Competition!

OverCoat

Hey guys! December is upon us and it is time once again for our somewhat annual Christmas Competition. I don't think we had one last year, but I don't see what's stopping us from having one now!

Think of it like the Halloween competition that just ended, only more festive and less scary :)

TEH RULES:

-Songs are due Christmas Eve, no doubt you'll want to spend Christmas day listening to the songs [it's like getting presents!] and unwrapping your Nintendo 64s. I may extend the deadline if we don't get many entries.

-The songs should be pretty festive. They don't have to have the whole sleighbells and reindeer deal, just in line with the whole holiday spirit.

-Of course, the songs must be from an anime or cartoon - throwing traditional Christmas songs into your mix would be super cool too!

-When you finish with your song, send a link [from your own hosting, rapidshare, senduit, or any easy-to-figure-out filehosting site] to overcoat at gmail dot com or send it to me on IRC [i am usually on irc.esper.net].

That's all folks! If you want to know the kind of thing we're looking for, here's a beautiful christmas remix by sephire:

http://www.animeremix.org/remix/69/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I didn't want to limit people too much because honestly I'd be happy with anything at this point even if it isn't Christmasey.

I actually had something going. Then when animeremix went down, I decided I'd bide my time a bit and see what happened. Its still down :?

One day we shall have a successful christmas comp. One day.

Fuck x 3

1. My parents have been visiting the last week plus, so I havnt had ANY time to work on this

2. I thought the closing date was Christmas day, and i'm behind in timezones anyway

3. I just did a quick balance/master but I'm kinda just a little (?!?) drunk

Either way, I got a Green Bird remix from Cowboy Bebop, and I'm pretty happywith the idea, I'l upload what I got ('Green Liquid' mix :P). Do I win by default or is anyone else putting their shit up?

Hahah just listening to it now, its pretty funky actually... seriously, 3:30 onward has me smiling.... HAHAH and it loops seamlessly.... I'v gotta rebalance this...

EDIT: Yeh you guys (and girls?) might need a link

http://vmeissner.googlepages.com/GreenBirdRemixTake1.mp3

Someone hurry up, download, listen and then gimme a comment, I wanna hear how this is received. I know, I'm impatient, BUT FOR GODS SAKE MAN THIS AINT YOUR GRANDMAS FLUFFY SOCKS!!

The sounds like Willi Wonka and Santa Claus got it on in a barrel cranberries on christmas morning.

The DnB bass synth is really cool and the siren shite. Def funky and playful. The voices were pure class, I luv it when a women whispers sweet glitches in my ear. :)

NOW STICK THAT IN UR PIPE N SMOKE IT MR. MEISSNER! :sleepdepriv:

The sounds like Willi Wonka and Santa Claus got it on in a rrel cranberries on christmas morning.

The DnB bass synth is really cool and the siren shite. Def funky and playful. The voices were pure class, I luv it when a women whispers sweet glitches in my ear. :)

NOW STICK THAT IN UR PIPE N SMOKE IT MR. MEISSNER! :sleepdepriv:

:<:<:<

Yeh I've been listening/mixing a bit of fidget recently hence the smooth yet glitchy funk, and one of my favorite songs of '08 has been Rylan Whites mix of Think About It (check it in the beatport player, page 3, other tracks are some level of awesome too). OH and Merry Christmas!! I hope the non-molesting Santa visited this year.... ("This year I'm gonna give you TRAUMA")

this is pretty terrible haha

:D...... :(

I'm yet to see an entry from you Mr Im-So-Anime-I-Poop-Engrish-Subs