Judges and Professionalism

Catullus

perhaps you shouldnt take my word for it then

When I said that he had a vested interest in seeing it not passed thats exactly how I interpreted his posts. He seemed to be posting repeatedly to bias other judges towards his point of view and thus not get it passed. Personally I was assuming that he was doing it to prove himself right however that was an assumption on my part and one which I believe even still to be right.

Of course a judge will have a vested interest in not getting a song he believes shouldn't pass not passed. We do it all the time, if not publically. We don't judge in little boxes and then read what everyone else said after the fact. We're a panel of judges. We discuss, argue, disagree, and try to convince.

That said I think i sufficiently proved he was lobbying to get the track to receive a NO vote and you aren't up to the task to proving me wrong on this sorry.
He was, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Idealistically and unrealistically speaking the judges should be listening to this track and voting on its own merits based on what THEY thought rather than what another judge felt.
No, idealistically and realistically we judge a track on its own merits and faults and also take into account what our fellow judges say about it.
Sure of course there is going to be some influencing involved, but thats a very very fine line. When it gets to the point of a judge campaigning for or against a track its crossed it.
Sorry, but no.
When you say things like it can very easily be construed that he respects vig and lost respect for those voting yes as if they dont know what they are doing. Oh wait he used a smiley face never mind >_>
If you construe that from what he said, you're an idiot. Plain and simple. :roll:

Oh sorry, was that unprofessional? :whatevaa:

Whether thats fair or not, is not the point. There really should be no place for comments like that in my mind and I am rather uncompromising on this point.
Grow some thicker skin and don't cry on other peoples' behalf.
Thank you for playing come again soon!
Lurk more.