Fan Art Competition 20 - Final Fantasy

Bleck

FAC20

Theme - A Final Fantasy Christmas

2008 marks the twenty-first year since Final Fantasy was originally released for the NES. As we all know, 21 is when a man becomes a real man. But since we can't bring Final Fantasy to a strip club, we'll have to settle with this.

The FF series is still incredibly popular today, and I very much doubt that anyone who calls themselves a gamer has not played through at least one entry or spin-off of the series. Opinions are still polar about whether the Job-focused earlier titles - with their quirky sprite art and engaging strategic gameplay - or the character driven, CGI packed later entries - with... well, really big swords and stuff - are better. But I'd like to think that whether or not your favorite memory is crossing the Big Bridge to battle Gilgamesh or that final climactic battle between Cloud and Sephiroth, that somewhere deep down, you're a Final Fantasy fan.

- Bleck

---

Welcome to the December 2008 edition of OCR's "official" Fan Art Competition (FAC).

The winner of the previous month gets to choose the following month's theme. BUT I've picked the theme this month, so last month's winner - Nyuura - will have to wait until January.

This months theme is A Final Fantasy Christmas - any art piece submitted has to do with Final Fantasy in some way, shape or form. The way the points are tallied this month is going to be a tiny bit different, so I thought I'd explain how it normally works first;

Most of the time, you vote for your three favorite entries, from first to third. These entries are given points based on the order in which you voted for them in. For example,

1st. Rambo

2nd. bonzai

3rd. Nyuura

In this case, Rambo would get 3 points, bonzai would get 2, and Nyuura would get 1 (although Nyuura gets three most of the time).

This month, however, there is a chance for bonus points - since we're in the festivity-ridden month of December, any entry that also has to do with Christmas or even Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or any other crazy holiday you can think of will get ten bonus points for their entry.

Good luck, and I hope to see too many entries to count oh my godddd

---

If your unfamiliar with the FAC, here is a thing.

FAQ

What is the Fan Art Competition?

The Fan Art Competition is a monthly event where artists create some form of art based on a certain theme.

What is the theme?

The theme is decided by the winner of the previous months competition (most of the time) and must be video game related.

Who can submit art?

Anyone.

What are my restrictions?

You are allowed to submit one entry, but other than that there are no restrictions. There are no size, quality, image size restrictions.

Who decides the winner?

The OCR community. Anyone who wants to vote, can vote.

How does voting work?

You vote for your three favorite entries, from first to third. These entries are given points based on the order in which you voted for them in. For example,

1st. Rambo

2nd. bonzai

3rd. Nyuura

In this case, Rambo would get 3 points, bonzai would get 2, and Nyuura would get 1 (although Nyuura gets three most of the time).

When and how do we see the results?

After the voting period is over, I announce the first, second, and third place winners.

If I enter the contest can I vote?

Yes, and voting for yourself is allowed if you really want to.

Rules and Regulations!

1) Any art submitted must be based off of the months theme.

2) No nudity.

3) Your entry must be created within the month. It cannot have been something you've created in the past or partially finished prior to the announcement of the theme.

4) All entries must be 100% your work. Simply altering something created by someone else may be cool, but is not allowed as an entry.

The Entries

None yet!

---

Support this competition by wearing one of these fancy sig things, or make one of your own -

fan2sd1.png

fan1zs2.png

fan0hu1.png

Yeah, this month the december daily doodles contest for puzzle pirates owns my soul, so I might no submit anything. (Although if I have an idea suddenly jump out at me I certainly will try).

Of course now that I've posted something in this thread I've had an idea, so I might do something, but no guarantees of more than a scribble.

The winner of the previous month gets to choose the following month's theme. BUT I've picked the theme this month, so last month's winner - Nyuura - will have to wait until January.

Hahaha. This made me burst out laughing.

I was also pleased to be the #1 example of how to vote. You make me feel special Bleck. However brief, and untrue.

blah, kill me, i haven't played any final fantasy game other than my life as a king

i could always draw chime, but that would require me to draw boobs and i'd go totally overboard

U gif beach ball boobs?

Yeah, the only FF game I've played to completion if FF7, I came pretty close with FF2 on the SNES (4) but the save battery came loose and lost the save files, so I never got to beat the final boss. :(

Then my memory card for 5 and 6 got corrupted...shortly after that I just took my PlayStation apart cause I was bored, and it could no longer play games reliably anymore anyway. I got to the other planet on five and battled gilgamesh, but I don't think I got very far in 6, only to maybe the opera or something?

PLEASE DO THIS. Let me know if you aren't though... :roll:

thfwoooiii....

Chances are that I won't be able to enter. :( So anyone else is free to draw boobie-- I mean, Tifa in ribbons.

I'm afraid I'd over-inflate her chest too... It's hard getting that size without, y'know, exaggerating TOO much. :shock: