AOCC V.2 - The Unofficial Christmas Music Album

Dyne

After careful consideration, and basically as much support as I believe it to have, I'm starting up the sophomore effort of An OverClocked Christmas. I believe we had a very successful time with the album last year, and so I'm continuing it this year with Volume 2. I honestly hope for this to become a yearly tradition, whether or not I'm the one running the project. I think it's a lot of fun, and enjoyable to work on this style of mini-album. So, here we go!

What kind of songs for this album?

Well, last year was strictly Christmas songs. This year, I'd like to mix it up a bit (thanks to Darkesword, who helped me to realize, this needed clarification). This year's entry can also include remixes from video games as well as traditional, and not so traditional Christmas music (for example, last year we had a track from the movie The Snowman).

Addendum: If you would also like to write an original Christmas-y or otherwise wintery song that signifies the season, that is fine as well.

First WIP Deadline: Sunday, December 14 by 11:59pm (updated)

Second and Final WIP Deadline: Monday, December 22 by 11:59pm.

Album release: Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Because of the popularity of last year's album, I'm not going truly theme it. I'd like to see mixes of many different styles. In the end, it's really up to the remixer what he or she would like to do. I definitely encourage you to mix it up a bit, and enjoy yourselves.

Hosting

I will once again be hosting the album, and I must of course stress that it is not an OverClocked Remix album. So let's get that out of the way. A web site will be created for the album, and I will be responsible for uploading the project proper.

Contacting Me

You can, of course, PM me here on the forums, and you are definitely welcome to email me at my GMail account, and that is: dyne2057@gmail.com.

If you are submitting your first WIP, simply link it to me and a PM or e-mail, or send the file via my GMail address.

Questions?

If you have any questions, you can always feel free to ask me anything you'd like about the project. Just send your questions to me via the forums, it's probably easier to get me that way.

Please post here in the thread if you're joining the project, it's open to anyone and everyone.

Resources

I was using Google to see if I could find a web site that has Christmas sheet music. Well, so far, I've found one, and it looks pretty good, so, here's the link to it, I'll add more if I find anything worthwhile.

http://christmassongbook.net/

Final Project

The album is nearing completion, at this point, I'm only waiting on album art, provided by the gracious TheCoop. I want to thank everyone who was involved with the album, even though who couldn't finish for the final release. I appreciate your efforts, this year, as I did last year. This album is really all about the community, and celebrating the season itself, and its meaning of giving. As far as I am concerned, I have a lot of love for this community, its remixers/composers, forum goers, and others. I am appreciative of all the time that I have spent here, especially chatting it up with friends in the IRC channel, and as well as all of the meetups and conventions/fests I've been to where I've had the priviledge of hanging out with many people.

This project will be hosted on my own web space, and provided to you in mp3 format. I'm sorry there won't be any FLAC or WAV formats because, well, I think the musicians have done more than their fair share on this project given that they only had a few weeks to work on it. I promise, next year we'll have at least two and a half or more months to work on the project. Still, despite the short amount of time given, the tracks on this album are quite awesome, and I'm hopeful that you will all enjoy them.

Thanks again to everyone, and Merry Christmas!

This year's entry can also include remixes from video games as well as traditional, and not so traditional Christmas music (for example, last year we had a track from the movie The Snowman).
Perfect. I'll try to send my WIP to you by the end of the week.

If I get some spare time, I'll try to do up some sort of sig graphic again this year to hopefully drum up some interest in the project.

Excellent, I look forward to it. I hope that this year I might actually post a track of my own, but that's sketchy at best right now. I just want more people to get involved, I think we had a good turnout last year, and I'm quite hopeful to get a bigger turnout this year.

Alright, well, how soon for a WIP prophet, and yes, greensleeves for the win.

Edit

I'm going to move the deadline for first wips back to Sunday, December 14. It'll be a static deadline. The main reason for the deadline for WIPs is to get an idea of what everything sounds like thus far. That's pretty much it. Helps me gauge where the album is going, and what it's going to sound like.