Images from the new STREET FIGHTER movie

Nekofrog

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=50955

"We've received five new photos from 20th Century Fox's Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li, opening in theaters on February 27. Directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak from a script by Justin Marks, the video game adaptation stars Kristin Kreuk, Michael Clarke Duncan, Neal McDonough, Taboo, Chris Klein, Moon Bloodgood, Edmund Chen, Cheng Pei Pei, Josie Ho and Robin Shou. The movie focuses on female fighter Chun-Li (Kreuk) and her journey for justice."

So in a cast filled with asian people, they use the least asian-looking person they can find to play a Chinese woman?

Asrggfgrgrgh

streetfighternew1.jpg

streetfighternew2.jpg

streetfighternew3.jpg

streetfighternew5.jpg

So in a cast filled with asian people, they use the least asian-looking person they can find to play a Chinese woman?

Asrggfgrgrgh

Sums up my feelings, especially since I can't help but see her any more than Lana Lang on Smallville for now...

She has beauty but is missing much needed muscle to fill in the roll of Chun Li as well...

this movie may not be so bad but I still don't care because it DOESN'T HAVE RYU AND KEN

HEY LET'S MAKE A STREET FIGHTER MOVIE AND MAKE RYU AND KEN SIDE CHARACTERS

HEY LET'S MAKE A NEW MOVIE UNRELATED TO THE ONE EVERYONE HATED - AND THEN MAKE AN EVEN WORSE MISTAKE

ARGAHRGARH GOD DAMN IT

Since Ryu and Ken are not even in the movie or are just side characters. im not going to even bother with the damn movie, thats bullshit..

They're not in it. This movie is solely Chun-li's story, which is one of the plot threads that's been around since SFII/SFA. There's more to Street Fighter than Ryu QQing over the Dark Hadou.

They're not in it. This movie is solely Chun-li's story, which is one of the plot threads that's been around since SFII/SFA. There's more to Street Fighter than Ryu QQing over the Dark Hadou.

Of course theres more, im just disspointed in the fact that the movie doesnt involve them.

Am I the only one that kind of liked the Street Fighter movie with Raul Julia?

...ok, yeah, it's ridiculously cheesy, but still... It did prove that Raul Julia can make even the crappiest lines sound good.

I didn't mind Ryu/Ken being relegated to side characters in that one. I was more upset by Dhalsim's treatment... The one Indian character from my youth who could kick ass gets turned from a superpowered fighter into a pacifist scientist.

Back on track... I have no faith that this movie could turn out even remotely good (even the "so bad it's good" kind). The casting call just confirmed that. KF