REASON - Please Direct Reason questions here

Devvyn

If you have another disc drive in your computer, try that one.

or

Try exploring the CD and copying the orkester.rfl into your Reason program folder.

or

Contact propellerhead tech support.

this is the first time i've ever used reason, so according to the getting started thing i need to use the disc even if i copied it to the hard drive.

i can't contact customer support cause this isn't my copy of reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay, more Reason freaks!

I've been experimenting with "tempo automation" by changing the tempo based on percentages. If I wanted to go from 120 to 100 I'd tell the Change Event dialog to changed the notes by about 83%. Is there another way that you do it?

By the way, I'm on 3.0 Thanks a lot!

i can't get Reason to run on my computer. it's asking for the Orkester sound bank cd...so i put it in and it just sat there saying 'waiting for cd'. what can i do to actually get the program to load?

1) It may take a while to load them up. It took me like two minutes. ><

2) If they are burnt copies (yeah, i'm blunt) you may have labeled them wrong.

3) Reinstall?

Hope that helps.

Pardon if this has been answered already - it's a very basic question - but I'm just learning Reason at school and I'm used to FL. How do I do automation of Effects? I can right click and automate stuff in SubTractor or Maelstrom but when I try and right click, say the Filter frequency in the ECF-42, it won't let me do automation. Thanks!

Pardon if this has been answered already - it's a very basic question - but I'm just learning Reason at school and I'm used to FL. How do I do automation of Effects? I can right click and automate stuff in SubTractor or Maelstrom but when I try and right click, say the Filter frequency in the ECF-42, it won't let me do automation. Thanks!

On my Mac, it's Option-Click. It'll give you an automation lane. I think that's Alt-Click on the PC. If you alt-click a parameter, it'll give you the appropriate lane.

Don't forget to create a sequencer track for the module first, though.

A really awesome trick with the Combinator though is that you can assign pretty much every single parameter to the knobs in the programmer, and then automate the combinator knobs and buttons. If you do this, you can start automating things that you normally wouldn't be able to automate, like the Malstrom Modulation wave shapes or the DDL delay steps.

On my Mac, it's Option-Click. It'll give you an automation lane. I think that's Alt-Click on the PC. If you alt-click a parameter, it'll give you the appropriate lane.

Don't forget to create a sequencer track for the module first, though.

A really awesome trick with the Combinator though is that you can assign pretty much every single parameter to the knobs in the programmer, and then automate the combinator knobs and buttons. If you do this, you can start automating things that you normally wouldn't be able to automate, like the Malstrom Modulation wave shapes or the DDL delay steps.

I think his issue was just that Reason doesn't produce a sequencer track automatically for effects like it does instruments. Myth, just make a new sequencer track and link it to your effect machine and the right clickin' will work.

And yeah, those two paramaters were automateable before heh. What the combi lets you do that wasn't possible before (besides all the awesome convenience) is hook cv signals to the combi knobs which then control a synth or effect parameter that wasn't CV'able before.

Yeah, thanks for the help guys. The effects don't automatically create sequencer channels, so it wasn't letting me do it.

New question. :)

How do I group instruments, ie: Say I wanted to play my Subtracter and my Maelstrom at the same time on my controller. How do I do that?

I'll have many more questions in the near future. :D

I've always browsed here, but decided to start posting a little...

Alright, 2 questions. I'm new to Reason and I am still getting used to it. I've got reason 3.0.

Question one:

Can you record voice with a mic into reason? I've heard soundfonts that are recordings of people's voices.

Question two:

Can you somehow load up an mp3 or .wav song into reason and edit it? (Add drums, instruments, etc.)

Thanks.