REASON - Please Direct Reason questions here

Devvyn

yeah, reason 2.5 supports the length as well, as well as the tempo of the song. at least, i seem to remember it doing that.

how do i do a intrument-in into reason?

lemme qualify this by saying that i'm running 2.5. you've gotta make sure everything's installed and plugged in before you open reason. then you open it, go to preferences->MIDI. or Advanced MIDI, depending on how many instruments you're wiring in. then, just select the one that you're going to be using, and it'll start using that instrument. you've just got to make sure that the little midi symbol is next to the synth that you want to use in the sequencer box.

Hey there! I'm relatively new to the site and I really want to get into remixing. The problem is that I don't have the hardware to get things directly from my keyboard, nor the money in order to buy it.

So what I need is a program that I can download and will let me not only arrange sounds, but make them myself, like a software keyboard. Please and thank you!

~Magus~

yeah, reason 2.5 supports the length as well, as well as the tempo of the song. at least, i seem to remember it doing that.

lemme qualify this by saying that i'm running 2.5. you've gotta make sure everything's installed and plugged in before you open reason. then you open it, go to preferences->MIDI. or Advanced MIDI, depending on how many instruments you're wiring in. then, just select the one that you're going to be using, and it'll start using that instrument. you've just got to make sure that the little midi symbol is next to the synth that you want to use in the sequencer box.

Can I do a guitar in by doing this?

• 2 weeks later...

quick question dudes, i just starting using reason 3 bout 2-3 weeks ago. I'm working on this song, and I got a piano riff in the 2nd section. Now I copy and paste the piano riff onto a synth, and well it plays the first 4-5 notes and then it just goes silent. The DB meter under the M and S is still goin in sequence with the notes but no sound.

Also after it goes silent, no sound comes out of the synth when i hit notes on my midi keyboard also no sound. Now if i go back to the beggining of the riff and let it hit those notes that sound through and thenstop it before it hits any notes that are silent the synth will then respond with my midi keyboard.

Big thing is how I can get to where the riff doesn't get cut out? Thanks dudes.

quick question dudes, i just starting using reason 3 bout 2-3 weeks ago. I'm working on this song, and I got a piano riff in the 2nd section. Now I copy and paste the piano riff onto a synth, and well it plays the first 4-5 notes and then it just goes silent. The DB meter under the M and S is still goin in sequence with the notes but no sound.

Also after it goes silent, no sound comes out of the synth when i hit notes on my midi keyboard also no sound. Now if i go back to the beggining of the riff and let it hit those notes that sound through and thenstop it before it hits any notes that are silent the synth will then respond with my midi keyboard.

Big thing is how I can get to where the riff doesn't get cut out? Thanks dudes.

I'd guess that you're using a sample patch that doesn't go beyond certain octaves....but you said something about the db meter lighting up....

Perhaps you've got some automation of a volume or something that is conflicting?