Dracula ~New Classic~ Transcription Project

Chronoman

About a year ago, I started this project as a fun way to work on my orchestration skills. I absolutely adore the songs from this CD, and was interested in thoroughly dissecting them and transcribing the entire CD (except for Monster Dance, which is awful) into Finale.

I'd say I got about 50% through the project, but now I simply don't have the time to finish, and so the project is on indefinite hold. I was wondering if anybody out there was possibly interested in picking up where I left off, and contributing to or finishing the project.

Here's what I got done so far:

Completed:

Vampire Killer ~ Wicked Child

Bloody Tears

The Cave

Partially completed (about 40-60% each):

Dwelling of Doom

Ever Green

Theme of Dracula

Barely started (Beginning bars only):

Beginning

Hearts of Fire ~ Out of Time

Praying Hands

Let me know if anybody is interested in this (potentially) epic project.

-Chronoman

I was just practicing Bloody Tears on my keyboard last night. I also like the theme of Castlevania 64 (beginning), which was a redo of Stage 1: Bloodlines from Castlevania Dracula X.

I would definitely like to join. Before I do, is this project genre-exclusive?

"Bloodlines" from Rondo/Dracula X was actually a remix of "Beginning" from Dracula's Curse. It's one of the more popular tunes in Castlevania along with Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears and has a number of variations.

I have this soundtrack and actually burned a copy so I can listen to it at work at my leisure. I agree the rendition of "Monster Dance" pales in comparison to the rest of the tracks, which are top-notch. My only regret is that they didn't make a second volume of this like they did with the Dracula Battle albums.

While I am barely a novice at remixing and will be of little use to you, I wholeheartedly support this little project. If you need any original album art, let me know.