A next Metal Gear is....

Cerrax

Would you really be surprised? There was an ipod IN THE GAME.

I think this is pointing to MGS on 360. I have no idea what the upside down exclamation point is for though.

Also just to make a point; MGS2:Substance on the original xbox was better than the PS2 version if you ask me. I know the 360 isn't as powerful as the PS3, but I think that Microsoft would be as particular as possible with a title like this. If the 360 version is indeed coming, it would be a huge blow for Sony.

upside down exclamation point = lowercase letter I? (i) maybe?

upside down exclamation point = lowercase letter I? (i) maybe?

I caught on to that from other posts.

After thinking about it, I think the likelihood of MGS on iphone is better than MGS on 360.

The only thing that confuses me is the use of green. I wouldn't associate green with mac anything.

MGS4 on 360 will be six discs. And it will NOT include Snake Skateboarding.

People think that since MGS4 used a ton of space on a blu ray disc, the game on 360 will need that much storage space too. All that space on blu ray affords them the luxury of not worrying so much about compression. The dialogue is probably running in a close to lossless format on the PS3. I'm sure if it does come to 360, they can pay a bit more attention to compressing a lot of the audio, the few video clips, and some textures and get the overall amount of data needed for the game drastically reduced. I'd bet 2 discs if it comes to 360.

People think that since MGS4 used a ton of space on a blu ray disc, the game on 360 will need that much storage space too. All that space on blu ray affords them the luxury of not worrying so much about compression. The dialogue is probably running in a close to lossless format on the PS3. I'm sure if it does come to 360, they can pay a bit more attention to compressing a lot of the audio, the few video clips, and some textures and get the overall amount of data needed for the game drastically reduced. I'd bet 2 discs if it comes to 360.

could be that it'll require installing hard drive, make it run like a PC game. i'm sure that can save disk space if it requires extraction and decompression to play.

MGS4 couldn't even fit on the dual layered blu ray. Meaning 50 gigs wasn't enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6MvBAJrIWQ&watch_response

Yea, the video is kind of outdated but the part about mgs4 is true.

MGS4 couldn't even fit on the dual layered blu ray. Meaning 50 gigs wasn't enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6MvBAJrIWQ&watch_response

Yea, the video is kind of outdated but the part about mgs4 is true.

Why didn't you just link to the joystiq article instead of making me watch a stupid fanboy video? http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/02/kojima-mgs4-too-big-for-50-gb-blu-ray-disc/

I remember before that article a feature Hideo had to cut was options for multilanguage audio tracks since it took too much space. That's probably it. Even if not, having to cut gameplay features because of lack of storage space is pretty unlikely. Game engine, programming, logic, etc is not what fills up a disc, its assets like audio, fmv, and images/textures.

I think GTA4 and Mass Effect both have a similar amount of voice audio and have much larger game worlds. They both fit on a DVD.

Overcoat, if by that picture you mean there's a lot of video in MGS4, what I meant was FMV. I don't think the game-engine cutscenes take up that much data - they're using assets that are generally in the gameplay sections already. There are only a few full FMV clips in the game.

I still think this argument that MGS4 is too large for DVD is BS.