A next Metal Gear is....

Cerrax

I thought we were above fanboyism in these forums.

Guess not.

Are you referring to my comment? Sorry, but I fail to see where I got into fanboytalk. All I did was state that it is good to have some games who differ on the two systems, like Gears 2 on Xbox 360 and LBP on the PS3.

I despise fanboyism.

Look. On the slim, marginal chance that MGS4 gets ported, it won't be announced for another year or two, until MGS4 sales on the PS3 have fizzled out...

With all the Apple product placement, and Kojima's (and I guess Konami's?) love for all things Apple, my guess is some kind of Metal Gear Acid iteration on Iphone or Ipod rather than a 360 port.

My 2 cents.

Actually, taking that into account; if they did port it to the 360 would they change out all the Apple stuff for Microsoft stuff?

Seeing as the only reason products were placed was to fund the

project, I'd say odds are good that Microsoft would be willing to pay Konami to port this to 360.

But realistically, I think this is an acid game for iphone.

But, I'm not giving up hope yet.

B00006F2ZQ.01-A1VC38T7YXB528._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Seeing as the only reason products were placed was to fund the

project, I'd say odds are good that Microsoft would be willing to pay Konami to port this to 360.

But realistically, I think this is an acid game for iphone.

But, I'm not giving up hope yet.

B00006F2ZQ.01-A1VC38T7YXB528._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Let's not forget that Kojima's also a lying son of a bitch and Konami's insatiable need for money.

Also Animae, I wasn't referring to you.

I really don't see where the the iPhone/iPod Touch guesses are coming from. The symbol formed is the power symbol, which is found on the 360, is green when the 360 is turned on, and which is formed by spinning that ! in a 360. These 3 aspects pretty much scream 360. The only thing that could give credulence to the iPhone line of thought is that it deals with tilt controls...which doesn't fit with anything else excepting the flipped !, including not giving an explanation for the =.

I really don't see where the the iPhone/iPod Touch guesses are coming from. The symbol formed is the power symbol, which is found on the 360, is green when the 360 is turned on, and which is formed by spinning that ! in a 360. These 3 aspects pretty much scream 360. The only thing that could give credulence to the iPhone line of thought is that it deals with tilt controls...which doesn't fit with anything else excepting the flipped !, including not giving an explanation for the =.

Well, the i in iPhone(and also the iPod Touch) looks like a exclamation point turned upside down. That was what gave me the thought anyways. Also, the power button is pretty standard. Even my laptop has a power button that looks like that. The only thing I can see that points at Xbox 360 is the green.

Well, the i in iPhone(and also the iPod Touch) looks like a exclamation point turned upside down. That was what gave me the thought anyways. Also, the power button is pretty standard. Even my laptop has a power button that looks like that. The only thing I can see that points at Xbox 360 is the green.

Huh? I have an iPod Touch and don't see that it looks like an exclamation point turned upside down. The spinning of the ! in a 360 is a much stronger connection considering the nature of the pictorial statement, even disregarding the choice of the color green, than that.

Huh? I have an iPod Touch and don't see that it looks like an exclamation point turned upside down. The spinning of the ! in a 360 is a much stronger connection considering the nature of the pictorial statement, even disregarding the choice of the color green, than that.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm reffering to the logo. The i in the iPhone logo looks like an exclamation point that has been turned upside down.

yeah it's a lot more likely that the logo is actually meant to represent something that only superficially appears similar if you look at it in various ways

it's obviously not just going to be a confirmation of a heavy rumor of an Xbox 360 port despite the symbol being pretty much exactly like the symbol on the Xbox 360

Despite the fact that Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance made it to XBox, I highly doubt that MGS4 is going to make it to 360. The controller itself makes that rather unfeasible. Also, the little power-button looking thing on the site could be an indication of an MGS MMO headed to PC, but that's a long shot at best.

Still, think back about the videos that they released before MGS4 finally came out. Kojima plays with people's minds every time he does something with this series. So, while I don't discount the possibility of a 360 port of MGS4, I think it's highly unlikely. It may just be an Ac!d title, or a "Tactics" title. It could even be that little spoken of third prequel game (if you start counting at MGS3 and include MGS: Portable Ops).

But, that's all just rumor anyway. We will see.

I don't understand why everyone assumes green + power symbol = XBOX360. You know what? A green light shines behind my computer's power button. A green light shines in front of the PS3's power button.

And its the same color green, too. This combo is everywhere.

Also, the little power-button looking thing on the site could be an indication of an MGS MMO headed to PC, but that's a long shot at best.

This is actually what I thought when I first saw the thing, but it'll prolly be a raiden game as the ninja during mgs4 or what he does after 2 or mebbe his childhood as a vicious killing-machine kid. Or a brawler like dissidia.......though I'm hopin for an mmo....

! Metal Gear Online ! the demo tat comes with mgs4.....that could be finished soon eh? (it's out here i japan already)

i don't know, i just don't know anymore........