OCR01786 - F-Zero "Eat Your Own Dust"

djpretzel

Way to go, Rozovian! I love Red Canyon, and I love your ReMix of Red Canyon. Makes me want to play GX again.

I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to VG arrangements, so my only reccommendation after 1.5 listens would be to start out closer to the source and then deviate/expand later on like you did anyway, but other than that, this is awesome. Your debut ReMix is better than mine. :tomatoface:

...Is that a Cheetah Men quote in there at 3:02? Awesome.

Maybe I'm hallucinating, but to me this mix just felt straight up fresh. I've downloaded plenty of mixes, back in 2004 I downloaded all the mixes on the site and I've kept up with downloading new mixes since then, and I've listened to most of them plenty of times whilst playing video games or writing e-mails or mowing the lawn or what not, and all I can say is that this mix feels fresh. I'm sure someone could come up with a comparison and dissect it's pieces and tell me that it isn't quite fresh, but screw that. I say I think it feels fresh. Fresh and fragrant... errr... I mean sweet. It kicks though, that's what I'm trying to say. Excellent job.

Good job Rozovian.

I've been waiting for something new for awhile - this will give me some definite ear secks pleasure to spam buttons on some newb Alliance with my Deathknight.

Keep up the good work, hope to hear more from you, <3.

--

I'm not really musically inclined to give a proper review, cause I don't know or really understand have the shiz that goes on (and I have given my .02 to remxing), so I apologize for not lubricating your F-Zero machine.

I love what's going on. Great intro into the mix, bassline is phat and chunky, so it seems to me, awesome drumwork.

You should totally do some F-Zero GX; Aeropolis, Princia, Phantom Road, Blood Falcon.

(Last note; Anyone who does Blood Falcons theme from GX, NEED MOAR COWBELL)

Thank you all so much, feels great to see the track is so appreciated. When you're mixing it, you kind'a get tired of it, so I'm not sure I understand how you can all like it that much, but hey, I don't mind. :D

Forgot to thank djp for the kind writeup. Yeah, the writeups are all positive, but... still. :D

You should totally do some F-Zero GX; Aeropolis, Princia, Phantom Road, Blood Falcon.

I did Aeropolis the week after first subbing this, it's just waiting to be posted now, so it'll be a few months. The style is... different. You'll see.

Whoa snap! I love to hear an electronic beat with groove! The beat has that basic sound, but the notes and instrumentation around it shuffle, making a vibe that's beautiful because of the reciprocation. Oh, the beatdrop, killin' it. Ah, gotta' love it.

Keep murdering us with badass music.

Dude..

Its nice to see you getting posted man! Sorry it took me so long to review this but i have been without sound on my comp for a couple of weeks.

This is a great mix! love all of the automation and the shaker!

When the synth bass kicks in it makes me want to slap my roomate in the face!!

(in a good way of corse!)

I noticed that some complained about it being too repetitive, but thats how this type of music is supposed to sound! It was produced well, had good variation and kept my interest the whole way. the keychange kinda threw me off at first, but i dug it right away, blended well.

Great work man and i know i will see some more front page from you in the future!

• 1 month later...

haha yes...After listening to this remix a couple times, I have decided that it is made of awesome. Eggshakers, I guess they're called? Fine addition to this song, it does add an ample degree to this. It may turn into one of those songs that I can listen to over and over and over again and still won't get old.

• 2 months later...

So out of the blue I've decided to listen to some Rozo...

And as expected from the Wip-Cru's sharpest blade, the delivery is right on schedule! 8)

This is the kind of track that could easily make people overrun the dancefloor in a nightclub.

I red the complaints about the dull drums, but frankly it wasn't a bother.

This Red Canyon's rendition is all that it should be: hot, fast paced and tense.

The rythm comes in fast, and the distorted bass leads the way.

Synths really materialize the groovy ambiance.

The leads are nicely refined, and the deviation from source is subtly handled.

And did I told you about that shaker? It has been a naaasty shaker allright! :mrgreen:

Great job.

Oh, and as a side note:

Expect more remixes from me. :D

Yes, we do! :-D

• 1 year later...

After Rozovian posted comments on my WiP I thought I'd check out his work, and I'm so glad I did! This track's been in my head for weeks now. Absolutely love this style, and when the guitar positively growls in at 1:12, you know it means business. 1:25 is my favourite part, and it just stays awesome for the rest of the track. Great song to drive to as well.

1 thing I'm dying to know... is that shaky-egg recorded live?! Please tell me it is...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01786 - F-Zero "Eat Your Own Dust"