It's pretty damn awesome listening to a song in a game...

Subz1987

...after having listened to the reMix before the original.

I'm playing Chrono Trigger for the first time, and after having listened to the reMixes from here and Chrono Symphonic, it really is amazing to listen to the music and go back to the ReMix that I had heard first. You can see where the ReMixer was inspired by the original to make the reMix.

Anyone else experience this too?

...after having listened to the reMix before the original.

I'm playing Chrono Trigger for the first time, and after having listened to the reMixes from here and Chrono Symphonic, it really is amazing to listen to the music and go back to the ReMix that I had heard first. You can see where the ReMixer was inspired by the original to make the reMix.

Anyone else experience this too?

I have, its a truly amazing transformation. Many of these songs, and many of the ReMixers are the reason im learning to ReMix my self.

Chrono Trigger is an amazing game to boot as well, im replaying it for old timesake. :P

That's going to get you some serious flak from a few folks here, son. I'd offer you a Ruby Vest, as you obviously didn't bother getting one on your own. (terrible flamewar based joke)

That and it's hard to break away from L4D.

I find CT to be a good counter to the pace and feeling of Left4Dead. It's like a warm bath after a hard work-out.

i've not played CT before. I didn't have an SNES growing up.

Ditto, and I honestly don't have an overwhelming desire to play it. Sure, I've read all the "ITZ TEH SEXZI!" and "OVERHYPED POS!" commentary over the years, but nothing I've read makes me feel that it's something I simply must have (it's kind of the same for the Zelda and Pokemon games).

yeah but even if people don't like it there should be a million people going

OMG PLAY CHRONO TRIGGER

at any given moment

+1.

This thread was dead before it started.

I think I only had this happen to me with Metroid Prime. I had a strange sense of deja-entendu when I got to Phendrana Drifts (and later when the Tallon Overworld music changed, but Phendrana was way cooler... pun). Didn't figure out why until much later :P

This is really weird cause that's exactly the same thing that is going on with me. I'm playing Chrono Trigger for the first time too (and I'm stuck on stupid Magus), but it is really cool to hear the music that all the remixes were based off of.

It's really fun to turn the sound in the game off and put on remixes from the site that matches what you're doing too.

:)