Robocop 3 - Title theme remix

burning shadow

Hello everyone.

I own this remix for very long time and tried to convince it's author (my friend) to upload it here, but he refused, coz he's too lazy. He allowed me to upload it wherever I want, but site rules does not allow me to do it, unfortunately. So, after almost 8 years, I finally decided to post an announcement here, maybe someone will like to hear it. I personally love original theme and this remix sounds great too. There are two versions, the early one and the later, cleaned up a little bit. You can grab it there:

1. early version (alternative link, flash player required)

2. later version (alternative link, flash player required)

Original tune: link (flash player required)

Can't Find Source :(

Ok, first of all, if you wish to submit it, to avoid complications with judges it is better to get your friend to sub it. I have seen an instance when a track of another person was uploaded here, and it was sorted out, but it caused a bit a few small problems as the judges thought that it was a fan trying to get it posted cause he liked it. If you upload it, the judges will either reject it outright or contact your friend to check its alright with him that it is posted. I can't be sure tho, I'm not a judge :P

Ok, the remix itself... It sounds like a official remix that you would hear in a later game of the same franchise, or a remake of that game, like the later castlevania game music, or the original virtua fighter music remixes that are in later versions of the game.

Production seems good

I love the intro solo.

Not sure how much interpretation there is, but you can't have simply the theme in there, you need variations of the melody, breakdowns, solos, chord changes, Tempo Change whatever. Basically, you have to flex your shite to get it on OCR :P

Oh, and upload it to a different website please :puppyeyes:

I had to convert the file to a MP3 to play it.

Convert it to MP3 and upload it on to tindeck or another file hosting site :P

And the ending is WAY to abrupt. That needs to be fixed.

I like it dude, try and get your friend to work on it some more :P

Can't Find Source :(

Sorry, is it a message from browser or player or something else?

Ok, first of all, if you wish to submit it, to avoid complications with judges it is better to get your friend to sub it.

Well, I tried to convince him, honestly. :) No luck, hes very busy and very lazy at the same time. And the last time I saw him on ICQ was 2006/12/30.

Not sure how much interpretation there is, but you can't have simply the theme in there, you need variations of the melody, breakdowns, solos, chord changes, Tempo Change whatever. Basically, you have to flex your shite to get it on OCR :P

I'm not a remixer, I'm the one who listens remixes, and from my point of view, it's ok if remix sounds close to original with light modifications and overall sound improvement.. Yes, exactly like tune would appear in the game on a new console, for example. But well, it's just a point of view, anyway.

Oh, and upload it to a different website please :puppyeyes:

I had to convert the file to a MP3 to play it.

Convert it to MP3 and upload it on to tindeck or another file hosting site :P

Though, transcoding from lossy formats is very bad, I will do it and provide and alternative link a little bit later.

And the ending is WAY to abrupt. That needs to be fixed.

Yeah, there is a fade-out effect on early version, but for some reason he decided not to apply it later. Maybe forgot... Anyway, dont think I will reach him in the nearest future, but I will try.

I like it dude, try and get your friend to work on it some more :P

Thanks, I will let him know. ;)

Sorry, is it a message from browser or player or something else?

Nah, the source tune, the original Nes music. sometimes they are on youtube - no such luck here.

the last time I saw him on ICQ was 2006/12/30.

Yikes, that was a while ago :P not to mention a very precise date :P

and from my point of view, it's ok if remix sounds close to original with light modifications and overall sound improvement.. Yes, exactly like tune would appear in the game on a new console, for example. But well, it's just a point of view, anyway.

Yeah, like I said, too close to the original and OCR won't have it, they accept arrangements, not remixes :P

Some people don't like the site for that reason, some think that we mess with the source too much :P